• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I found a keyless entry that plugs into OEM Security System- anyone seen this before?

I found this on Ebay - it looks promising, and is relatively inexpensive ($80).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ryZ33723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I asked the seller:
"Does this plug in (with your 2$ adaptor) to the OEM security system on a 1991 NSX with no splicing required?"

To which he replied:

"Yes with out $2 adaptors all tou have to do is just connect the wires togther without having to strip , cut and tape. All you do is just tap in the two wires. I hope I was able to help. ALso upon check out specify your car's make and model and we will enclose your car's wiring diagrams for free. I hope I was able to help. Thanks for checking us out. Chris."

Does anyone have experience with this item? Does this seem like a good option? Much cheaper/easier than trying to locate the OEM keyless entry, and it sounds like its a simple plug and play operation. A real replacement security system would have more features, but would require some wire splicing.

The vendor is new to ebay, but at least there's a claimed 7-day return policy and 12 month warranty (not that it would matter if this is some sort of scam).

-Josh

EDIT: I now realize that the seller meant to say 'with our', but mistyped it as 'with out'.

Last edited:
Joshs said:
I asked the seller:
"Does this plug in (with your 2$ adaptor) to the OEM security system on a 1991 NSX with no splicing required?"

To which he replied:

"Yes with out $2 adaptors all tou have to do is just connect the wires togther without having to strip , cut and tape. All you do is just tap in the two wires.

"tap in" means splicing. Sounds like for $2 he's going to throw in two squeeze-on splicing connectors.

rbirling said:
"tap in" means splicing. Sounds like for $2 he's going to throw in two squeeze-on splicing connectors.

I think he was saying that _without_ the 2$ adaptor then you need to splice, but with the adaptor it should plug right in without needing to tap in..

-Josh

Joshs said:
I think he was saying that _without_ the 2$ adaptor then you need to splice, but with the adaptor it should plug right in without needing to tap in..

-Josh

Maybe so. Let us know if you get this how you like it. Maybe it's great. :smile:
(I wasn't trying to imply the guy is a scammer -- just that it's hard to interpret his statement.)

rbirling said:
Maybe so. Let us know if you get this how you like it. Maybe it's great. :smile:
(I wasn't trying to imply the guy is a scammer -- just that it's hard to interpret his statement.)

I agree, it is a little confusing. I asked again in more detail, and will post the reply when I get it.

"Sorry, but I need just a little more clarification - Is the special 2$ connector a harness that plugs between the pin-socket on the 91 NSX OEM security sytem and your keyless unit? Or are your special connectors 'tap-in' splices? Pictures of the connector would help remove any more questions.

Thanks!"

-Josh

Joshs said:
I agree, it is a little confusing. I asked again in more detail, and will post the reply when I get it.

"Sorry, but I need just a little more clarification - Is the special 2$ connector a harness that plugs between the pin-socket on the 91 NSX OEM security sytem and your keyless unit? Or are your special connectors 'tap-in' splices? Pictures of the connector would help remove any more questions.

Thanks!"

-Josh

Well, it was too good to be true. Here's the reply:

"Hi, not a problem at all. The $2 connectors are the tap in type. OUr system does not have a plug to plug in the OEM pin-socket. On a different note I am not sure if the NSX have a plug? I have checked the wiring chart but could not find any mention of a plug! Please enlighten me. Thanks Chris"

I directed him to the page in the service manual that shows the connector, and the keyless entry faq page. Maybe if we're lucky he'll want to come up with some nice plug-n-play solution, but I doubt it.

-Josh

Looks like there might be a chance they can put one together:

"Josh thank you. I will forwar your information to our tech team. We currently do a whole line of plug and play alarms for BMW. So we will keep this in mind to make a plug and play kit for Acura's. For the BMW plug in we sell the keyless kit plus we offer free techincal supoort for our csutomers. Again I want to thank you for your info and if you ever have a close up picture of the plug, (it might be simalr to the BMW) let me know maybe out tech engineer can swing it. I know how much the dealer charges for such systems so if we ever complete one soon I will lwt you know. Just to give you heads up a complete plug and play BMW keyless goes for $139.95 with unlimited phone tech support. Thanks again. Chris "

Does anyone have a photo of the plug that I can send him? If not can take one myself, but I'd rather not have to if someone's got one :)

-Josh

Re: I found a keyless entry that plugs into OEM Security System- anyone seen this before?

Let us know if you are going to do it. I am very curious to see how it works. I am also interested to see if it works on the newer model 97 and up.

Re: I found a keyless entry that plugs into OEM Security System- anyone seen this before?

Where do I send my money?
Trev

I would be interested. I have an appointment next week to have an aftermarket keyless entrance installed for $160.00 which comes with 2 remotes.

B
95x

Back