• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I hope none of your daughters go to this school!

It said Canton had mothers between 11-19. WTF! 11! Whoever got that little girl pregnant should be beaten and then shot. I am curious to see where our society will be in 20 years. I am sure glad I have boys, and if they ever get a girl pregnant when they are still in high school they will find out how bad a can of whoop a$$ tastes.

must be something in the water...

nuccaJB said:
I am curious to see where our society will be in 20 years.

That makes two of us! Actually to help w/ some of the anxiety, I think all will be well in the future.

While out in London for about 2years, I observed that an overwhelming majority of children were being born to single mothers in every age group (single = unmarried, no live-in partner, no nothing); and a good bit of them were to teen mothers still in their schooling years. Maternal grandmothers ("nanna"), social workers, and gov't benefits greatly helped the situations out {ie. healthcare, workshops, residential accommodations, living allowance, nursery/day-care, etc}. It just seemed to become a way of life.

Isn't Canton OH also the home of "The Professional Football Hall Of Hame"!?! :redface:

ftbalhalh1.75inse.JPG

Vizal said:
It's becoming common everywhere. In San Bernardino, California. Every High School has a day care center on campuse. Very sad.

Not my highschool! Geez.... that's just sad.

I recently switched jobs and my new job is across the street from a mall. We tend to go over there a lot of lunch. Prior to this I haven't hung around malls since highschool. One thing I noticed is that young girls these days (ages 14-21) wear some hoochie stuff!! It's ridiculous, they all rock mini skirts and booty shorts. I'm 25 so it's not like I'm that much older, but I just feel dirty looking at them because I have no idea if I'm looking at a 21 year old (fair game) or some 14-15 year old (umm no). I feel like an ultra conservative old man, but I fear for when I have kids. Maybe there will be some kind of backlash and things will settle down. Haven't people see pictures of Britney Spears pregnant??? One look at that and I'd think people would reconsider their actions.

Last edited:
Notice: that is mothers between 11 and 19. Not pregnant girls, but mothers! How can you explain a 10 year old child having sex and then following through to conception? Her child is going to be mistaken as her sister for the rest of their lives.

When my wife and I were at the hospital (11 months ago today :biggrin: ) giving birth to our daughter, there was an 11 year old there giving birth also. Her whole family was there and were all excited about it. Sure child birth is exciting and a miracle in itself, but how do you get excited about something like this?

I also grew up with a girl who had 2 kids fathered by the same kid by the time she was 15. :eek:

This scares me to death for my daughter and her future. I think I might be one of those dads who sits on the couch and has a shotgun within view when her date comes over. :smile:

just a quick note...

they are the Timken "TROJANS"

I think they may need to re-think their mascott......
I'm sure "spirit" week must be interesting... free samples day maybe????

thats about 15 miles from me.

ridiculous isn't it??

I believe it, I went to a small highschool probably 2 hours away from Canton, and at one time we had 15 or so girls pregnant in a TOTAL highschool enrollment of 250 grades 9-12. so, 15/125 girls... yea, percentage wise thats bad.

Yea, i look around and am like "girls didn't look like that when I was in 8th grade" ... it's nuts,

KODIAC said:
just a quick note...

they are the Timken "TROJANS"

I think they may need to re-think their mascott......
I'm sure "spirit" week must be interesting... free samples day maybe????

lol, that's great.

You guys ever see that commercial online for the condom brand... it shows a guy in a supermarket with his young son. The kid wants candy, but the father says no, the kid then starts freaking out, screaming and tearing everything down... they flash the condom brand name at the end. They need to show that commercial everyday at that school.

I wonder what the racial demographics of the pregnant girls are.

But, at any rate, what do you expect when everyone is being encouraged to have sex? I've known girls who were 16 who'd had 40 sexual partners. We've got no parents at home and the State is raising our children in daycare and school. These are their values. Unfortunately, the State's values are shaped by extremist nutjob groups who lobby well. This situation is the brainchild of the feminist movement and the gay lobby. Certainly, the NRA and 700 Club and whatnot don't have any say in the DEA's curriculum choices.

Kids don't use condoms for the same reason I don't use them. They SUCK.

If we want a society where everyone can be promiscuous, we have to have a "Brave New World" type situation where everyone is sterilized at birth.

Huh?

liftshard said:
I wonder what the racial demographics of the pregnant girls are.
I don't know, but it's probably not much different than the breakdown at the state or national level - which do show distinctly different pregnancy rates per race. Of course, I'm sure you realize that this a result of different socio-economic conditions - rather than race, itself.

liftshard said:
Unfortunately, the State's values are shaped by extremist nutjob groups who lobby well. This situation is the brainchild of the feminist movement and the gay lobby.
Wow, I can't tell - Are you serious? What propaganda do you suscribe to that claims teen pregancy is the "brainchild" of either the feminist movement or the gay lobby? It's so much more convienent and less scary to simplify and externalize a problem than it is to accept the more complicated reality that causes it, huh?

Certainly, the NRA and 700 Club and whatnot don't have any say in the DEA's curriculum choices.
:confused: I really don't know: What solution do these organizations propose? Abstinence?

Kids don't use condoms for the same reason I don't use them. They SUCK.
Are you just making this stuff up to support your position or what? Show me one survey or study that cites lack of pleasure as the major reason for not using condoms among teens. Until you can, I will continue to believe what I have observed and what every survey I have seen has concluded: That not being prepared/having one and "I don't know" are the most common reason among teens. It is clearly not the case that the teens don't use condoms because they "suck".

Until all parents start raising their kids properly, a parent needs to accept the reality that many teens have sex (25% of girls by age 15, around 50% of girls by 17). If those teens, boys and girls, were taught to respect the wishes of their partner (70% of girls who had sex before 15, had it against their will), and if those teens, especially girls, were encouraged to respect their own body before everything else (even if it means a girl insisting that a condom be used), sex would be avoided when it was against their will and protection would be used at a higher rate. Too bad this sounds like something those "feminists" would be for.

If we want a society where everyone can be promiscuous, we have to have a "Brave New World" type situation where everyone is sterilized at birth.
This might have worked many decades ago, but not anymore since we have all those STDs to worry about.

Anyway, promiscuity is not even a root cause of teen pregnancy and is a different discussion altogether.

Last edited:
I was born in Canton, and find this article completely believable. I would not go back there at gunpoint.

dawggpie said:
One thing I noticed is that young girls these days (ages 14-21) wear some hoochie stuff!! ... I feel like an ultra conservative old man, but I fear for when I have kids.

I try not to get into these things but here is my .02 based on nothing more then having my eyes open 37 years on the rock and having 3 kids of my own.

Kids emulate what you do MUCH MORE then what you say. If you are looking for a wife and you are attracted to her because she is always acting promiscuous, wears "hoochie stuff", and talks / does dirty 24/7 then when the 2 of you some day have a daughter - you can be sure that is how she will dress and act regardless of what you say or do at that point.

Same holds true for guys that abuse, swear, smoke, etc.

As a man if you treat woman (and everyone) with respect, your kids will learn respect. If women dress modestly, eventually, your kids will learn modesty. If you avoid abusive relationships and interactions, your kids will learn tolerance and anger management.

Just something to be aware of if you are single looking for someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and raise kids with and not spend the rest of the summer with.

Old proverb: "The path my child followed was the path I tried the hardest to cover up"

slap the dad's parents w/ child-support till the guy turns 18!

matteni said:
Kids emulate what you do MUCH MORE then what you say. If you are looking for a wife and you are attracted to her because she is always acting promiscuous, wears "hoochie stuff", and talks / does dirty 24/7 then when the 2 of you some day have a daughter - you can be sure that is how she will dress and act regardless of what you say or do at that point.

Good stuff Nick, I've always felt that way as well... 'lead by example'.
(I'm one of the rare individuals in my age group who feels alot is contingent in parenting/nurturing as opposed children/nature being whatever they become... whether a valuable member of society or a menace to society)

The part of your statement I have underlined, I got a bit confused on... did you mean, "no matter what you say or do" as in punish, discipline, deny/admonish, etc?

What if the wild & crazy father/mother reformed themselves prior to conceiving, and they lead very decent/moral/average lives once they have initiated a family? Or you meant that if the father/mother were still wild & crazy while raising a kid, the kid would emulate such behavior no matter what the father/mother could say or do to prevent such from happening?

Thanks!

Re: slap the dad's parents w/ child-support till the guy turns 18!

Osiris_x11 said:
The part of your statement I have underlined, I got a bit confused on... did you mean, "no matter what you say or do" as in punish, discipline, deny/admonish, etc?

Thanks / glad something I said might have clicked with someone. Who knows - perhaps this Internet thing will work after all! ;)

The key part of my diatribe was "at that time" meaning if you have acted a certain way and your kids are emulating you, it is too late IMO. If you change before they are born AND burn all those home videos and pictures you so vehemently hold on too - then you may be OK (assuming genetics doesn't kick in!)

:cool:

The problem is there are sites like Prime, blogs, etc where we are all leaving digital footprints that can't be erased! Didn't think about what that means in 20 years when are kids are Googling our names online - did we!?!

:redface:

If people are more serious about statutory rape and enforce the law, I am sure the teen pregnancy rate will drop. In Hong Kong, where I was born and raised, it is illegal to have sex with girl under age 18( was it 16???) regardless how old you are. It is punishable by caning. As a result, teenage guys are very careful NOT to get their girlfriends pregnant. You know, no one wants to get caned and EVERY guy takes it VERY seriously.
Steve

Re: Huh?

Ojas said:
I don't know, but it's probably not much different than the breakdown at the state or national level - which do show distinctly different pregnancy rates per race. Of course, I'm sure you realize that this a result of different socio-economic conditions - rather than race, itself.

Additional Student Information This School (OH) School Average

% Eligible for Free Lunch 45% 14%

% Eligible for Reduced Lunch 9% 4%

Matteni and Osiris are on the right page. It takes parents who care and set a good example. No matter how much you love your kids, if you don't show them and represent a good example at home then they start to get lost. Our society seems to be loosing its direction. I feel like the main focus is a bit off. If you want to fall into the conspiracy theory style that liftshard brings up, this is all part of the plan. One of the top five rules of communism is to distance the children from the parents and direct them to make their own decisions, which are manipulated by the govt. Maybe that is a bit much for people to swallow, but I feel it is happening right before our eyes.

I work with many children in my office. My observations may be miscontrued as racist, but I have noticed that many pre & early teen girls of a particular culture dress very provocatively and wear very heavy cosmetics; this is, of course, with the permission of their mothers who have physiques that line the pockets of endocrinologists! There are also girls of other cultures who dress very conservatively, in a manner which I think is appropriate for 12 & 13 year old girls (OK...I may be in the minority with this line of thinking!) I had one 11 yo girl ask me, "My mother wants to know if I can wear color contact lenses." To which I told the mom, that what she is wearing now is the best for her and that I felt she is too young for colored contact lenses -- I expect this question from 14 - 16 year olds, not 11! I recently also had a conversation with a high school English teacher who mentioned that many of her "Southeast Asian" female students are raised to marry 35 yo men of their parents choice upon high school graduation, so that any thoughts of doing well in school or going to college are non-existent. So I am not surprised that there are many young girls who are pregnant. What's disgusting is that some of their parents think it is OK. It is statutory rape, child molestation and child abuse. Children's welfare services need to be involved in cases of young pregnant girls. We, taxpayers, will be paying to support these babies and their mothers...and the cycle continues.

Back