• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need a Psychiatrist, I believe I'm obsessed!

Part 1 My NSX Story - I will post the details of my build/mods in the next post after this one in this thread.
So it all started with my first drive in an NSX about 12 years ago. Well, it really started the first time I saw one in a magazine, but the obsession really started when I had a friend who owned a car lot. He would call me when he got a nice car like a Porsche, Vette or something on the lot, let me take it for a day or 2 for fun, and then would sell it. He called me about an NSX he just got and I dropped everything to rush over there. I couldn’t believe I was about to drive my number 1 dream car (well the other was a Vector W-2, but this is back in the early 90’s).
Anyways, I took the car, and was instantly in love. Wayyy to young to afford it at the time I drove my first NSX, but I was already so in love I knew I had to have one when I could afford it. My friend called me the next day and said, “Hey, my partner said he saw an that looks like ours on I-40 doing about 110mph. Was that you?” I said, “Wasn’t me, I was doing at least 140!.”
Anyways, 12 years, about 15 test drives in different NSX’s for sale, weekly drooling on Prime and Ebay at the cars that would go up, etc, etc, I finally ran into mine at the Spocom Hawaii show last year. I had just finished my 2003 M3 Convertible that I’d spend over 50K in modding in 1 year, was making over 500rwhp, and took first place for all Euro’s in its first car show. As soon as I walked into the show, all of my Team BMW Hawaii members came over to me and said, “Paul, don’t go over there, your dream NSX is here.”
So of course I rushed over and saw what had to be mine. A 1991 White NSX. I always wanted an earlier model, as I didn’t want a targa top. This gorgeous custom painted car already had most of the cosmetic stuff I wanted to do, and had never been turbo’d or supercharged, which was perfect because I have always wanted to do a Lovefab NSX car. I’ve been a huge fan of SOS and Lovefab forever, but passion began first with Lovefab and it never faded. So I approached the owner and asked if he would sell me his car. He said, “Actually, I’ve been thinking about selling it, but only to the right person who will take care of it. I didn’t put up on Craigslist or anything because I didn’t want to deal with just anyone and my NSX.” So I said, “Come check out my M3 that I have rebuilt inside and out.” So he did, and said, “I think you’re the type of person who already loves and respects the NSX and I can see you take care of your cars, so let’s talk.”
We agreed on a price, and the next day after the show, I began looking for the $$ to buy it. My year-long, 50K+ project on my M3 had only been completed 48 hours, and I immediately began stripping it back down to stock to sell. I didn’t even test drive the NSX for a week later, but knew it didn’t matter. And when I did test drive it, I was of course, hooked and only proceeded to get the cash together faster. 3 weeks later I met him at the bank, paid cash for the car, and as I drove away, I was almost crying. I couldn’t believe that I was finally the owner of an NSX. Not just an NSX, but one that had been already modded in many ways I would have done. It was a dream come true. I’ve had nice cars, nice boats, nice houses, but nothing, not any of them, made me feel like I was happier than that moment.
My NSX is my anti-depressant, my stress reliever. I am religious about covering it every day, and I wake up in the morning earlier just so I can find a reason to drive it. It’s my daily driver and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Now, less than 1 year later, it’s 95% done with my dream mods. I’ve replaced the engine with Cody’s 2012 Pikes Peak race car, along with a Lovefab Turbo kit, the Pikes Peak Manifold and 1-off Exedy clutch from the Pike’s Peak car. We finally tuned it this past week and it was continuing to make more and more power until my alternator died (it was old.). My car made 580rwhp with low electricity. Alternator was only reading 9.5 amps when we made that power. So we quit going for more power, hooked it up to a charger so we could finish the drivability part of the tune and call it a day. The car could easily have made into the middle 600rwhp if the alternator didn’t die.
So, now, I have a 580+rwhp daily driver NSX in Hawaii. Honestly, life feels more complete than it ever did before. I love, love, love my car. I love it as my daily. I love driving everywhere. I love the way it looks, feels, smells, sounds, glints in the sun, etc. I love the extra time I have to take to cover it every day until I get a garage. I love doing work on it. Changing plugs, fine tuning my mods, fixing the small things that need fixed. I recently was in the local exotic store, surrounded by Ferraris, Lambos, Bentleys, etc, etc. I didn’t want any of them. I wouldn’t trade my NSX for them if I could.
Every day I drive my NSX, at some point my head says, “I can’t believe I’m driving this car. It really is a dream come true.” I never pull up next to another car at a stop light and think, “I wish that was my car.” But I used to always think that when I saw an NSX go by.
I could keep writing on and on about why I love my NSX more than anything I’ve ever owned, but for those of you that know this feeling, you already get it.
I will post the details of my build and mods very soon in the next post below this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Part 2 – Build Mods List
Ok, so here’s my build/mod list. It’s not easy doing this in Hawaii where shipping is just plain INSANE!. When I finished my m3, I had over 8K in shipping alone. I’m pushing 7K in shipping on my NSX at this point, and I’m sure I’ll break the 10K mark before I’m done.
To see the list of mods on my car when I bought it, you can view this thread…
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...y-NSX-Owners?p=1604172&viewfull=1#post1604172

These are some of things I’ve done to the car since I purchased it. I will continue to update the list as I remember/do things.

Engine/Performance/Tranny
- Lovefab 2012 Pikes Peak Engine
- Lovefab Pikes Peak 1-Off Intake Manifold
- Lovefab Custom Turbo Kit
- Exedy 1-Off Twin Disc clutch from Lovefab Pikes Peak Car
- GTX 3582r Turbo
- Burns Stainless Mufflers
- Lovefab Headers
- Customized Lovefab WAIC (we used different heat exchangers and mounted differently, will post below).
- Tial Wastegate
- Tial BOV
- AEM EMS 1042 Series 1
Suspension
- KW Club Sports
- Coming Soon – iLift Anti-scrape hydraulic system

Interior and ICE
- Custom Blue Zanardi Floor Mats
- Genuine NSX-R black interior
- LED Gauge Light Swap
- Personal Grinta Blue Stitched Steering Wheel
- NRG V3 Quick Release Steering Hub
- Pioneer AVH P8400BH Double DIN DVD
-
Exterior
- Carbon Fiber Side Vents
- 50% Windshield Tint
- 15% Side Window Tint
- Blinder HP905 Triple Head Laser Jammers
- Matching Blue Powder Coated & Hand Painted Rear NSX Brakes - Rebuilt
- Matching Blue Powder Coated & Hand Painted front Project MU brakes.

Photos -
nsx-1.jpg

nsx-2.jpg

nsx-3.jpg

nsx-4.jpg

nsx-5.jpg

nsx-6.jpg

nsx-7.jpg

final-dyno.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. Makes me want to take my car off the jack stands and go for a drive right now. We need to all go for another drive soon.

Pictures, or it never happened :biggrin:

Ok, here's some teaser pics before I finish writing the build thread....

View attachment 104050
View attachment 104051
View attachment 104052
View attachment 104053
View attachment 104054
View attachment 104055
View attachment 104056
View attachment 104057

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. Makes me want to take my car off the jack stands and go for a drive right now. We need to all go for another drive soon.

I agree! Are you coming to the spocom show this year?

So begins the build part of the thread. I will update as I get time.

We had the engine shipped to Hawaii using Pilot Freight, was the most reasonable priced of all. Cody put the block and most of the turbo kit and exhaust inside of crate he built on a pallet. Here we are at our shop, Static Performance, getting the crate out of the truck, unpacking and putting my car on the lift to get started.
View attachment 104097View attachment 104098View attachment 104099View attachment 104100View attachment 104101View attachment 104102

The wheels are Advan RS2s, right?

Wow, that thing looks like a beast, you should be able to go around the whole island in 10 minutes:biggrin:.

I have to agree with you 100% and I absolutely have issues as well. I used to search traffic up and down searching for cool cars, but now I feel like there's nothing I could see that would be much cooler than the NSX I own! I mean sure there are more awesome cars but at 10x the price who cares!?!

Anyway congrats on the car and fascinating build, I see you don't mess around lol.

The wheels are Advan RS2s, right?

No those are Weds. They are similar but they don't come in as many sizes and offsets. It's a nice wheel. The RSII is slightly lighter. That blue on them is an option from weds.

Wow, that thing looks like a beast, you should be able to go around the whole island in 10 minutes:biggrin:.
Hahaha 10 minutes? You've never been in Hawaii traffic have you. LOL:tongue:

Isn't this the truth! 10 minuted doesn't get me 2 miles during daylight hours. Even in "flight" mode :).

Here's a 0-100 run, but no damn traction, so not that fast. I'm researching tires and camber options.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1mK_oYZ-O_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here's my final dyno with a broken alternator. Was only charging around 9.5 volts. Chris Black from AMS tuned it and said if the alternator hadn't broke, mid 600's at the wheels would have been easy..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KEDxbYbXiIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok, so here's an update. We re-tuned my car yesterday now that it has a new alternator, plus did the ATI Harmonic Balancer.
Final results...
612.417 whp
422.03 wtq.

The car actually made 619rwhp, but on crappy Hawaii's gas, it started to knock a little, so we turned it back down to 61whp and left it. I'm very happy. Thanks Cody!!

View attachment 105809

I highly suggest getting tires that grip better so you can actually feel the power eg: Mickey thompsons. You spin out too much at high RPMs ( had the same problem with street tires on a big singled supra). Other than that , your car is insanely awesome. The fact that you have the pikes peak engine is nuts

I highly suggest getting tires that grip better so you can actually feel the power eg: Mickey thompsons. You spin out too much at high RPMs ( had the same problem with street tires on a big singled supra). Other than that , your car is insanely awesome. The fact that you have the pikes peak engine is nuts

THanks, and yes, I'm working on new rims now so I can get better gripping tires.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome story.

And yes, we love these cars.

Yes we do!

- - - Updated - - -

Good stuff. Sounds awesome!

Much of it is thanks to your awesome skills Cody!!!

- - - Updated - - -

man you got deep pockets, alot of nice parts on that car !
looks great and sounds better

Thanks, a Lovefab NSX has always been my dream car so I'm not holding back on quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated Dyno Video

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EZiY1fPSeEs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
1500 ft-lb of torque!!! Freight train.
That's awesome that you have an almost even amount of torque to horsepower.
I always like seeing numbers like that over high horsepower with less torque.

1500 ft-lb of torque!!! Freight train.
That's awesome that you have an almost even amount of torque to horsepower.
I always like seeing numbers like that over high horsepower with less torque.

LOL, Cody is correct, the it was an EMI spike. I can't imagine 1500lbs of torque.

I had said that based on the dyno video, but I can see it in the chart you posted.

I bet 1500 ft-lb of torque would feel like time travel, hahaha.

I had said that based on the dyno video, but I can see it in the chart you posted.

I bet 1500 ft-lb of torque would feel like time travel, hahaha.

LOL, good analogy. How about the 2200awhp Saleen almost flying off the dyno???

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kkFjoPGp5es?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back