• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need perfomance advice

Hello, I just purchasd a 04 nsx. I had to sell my highly modified 400whp evo to buy it. I did everything on my evo except the tuning myself.

I am looking for advice on cheap mods for hp gains (broke the bank on the car) to get started. Eventually I want to compteck supercharge so anything I add must be compatable. I have 1k left over to get started.

this has been covered ad nauseum in this forum, try some searches. bottom line, there are NO CHEAP ways to gain any substantial power from the NSX (unlike with factory forced induction vehicles). $1K might get you a new exhaust system which might net you a few HP. $3K will get you headers and exhaust installed which might net you 15-20HP. I suppose nitrous is an option, probably the only one for substantial HP gains for "cheap" money.

actually i just noticed you said you have an '04, so you likely don't need headers. I'd say just save your pennies until you can afford that supercharger.

As robr mentions, there really isn't much on the NSX that comes cheaply for performance gains. Since you have a newer model NSX the most beneficial thing you can do for that money before adding your supercharger would be to get a new exhaust. There are MANY options out there, most of which are around or a bit more than $1,000 for a brand new one. Headers for your year NSX won't net you as significant gains as the early models.

The exhaust will give you some performance gains, likely a better sound, and reduce some weight from OEM depending on which model you choose. Check SoS's website here for some of the most popular options (Note they have a nice comparison at the bottom). The best method in trying to choose your favorite is listening to as many as possible in person, although here is a thread with quite a few different soundclips.

The FAQ and search functions can be used on here to find a lot of information like this.

How about HANDLING performance?? You'll get a lot more bang for your buck there. A used spring/shock combo should be in your budget. Add sway bars when you get some more $.

Or think along the lines of improving the driving experience. That could be a short-shifter, a Dali low-profile seat cushion.... uh, that's all I can think of right now. I don't mean cosmetic stuff either, just things that make the car fit the driver a little better.

Nothing wrong with saving, though... ING orange rules! =)

Have fun!

Jeff

gblazei said:
I have 1k left over to get started.
Spend it on registration fees for track events. The part that can nearly always result in the most performance improvement is the nut behind the wheel.

gblazei said:
Hello, I just purchasd a 04 nsx. I had to sell my highly modified 400whp evo to buy it. I did everything on my evo except the tuning myself.

I am looking for advice on cheap mods for hp gains (broke the bank on the car) to get started. Eventually I want to compteck supercharge so anything I add must be compatable. I have 1k left over to get started.

You are probably spoiled with Hp gains with the evo. I've done exhaust, ecu, and cams and had 315WHP easy. With race fuel / turbo 400wheel is good if trans/transfer case hold up. I'm guess that is what you did?

If you want hp perhap you should of went ZO6:biggrin:

I thought about the z06 but had a 00 vette that I bought new, lots of quality issues and several of them major. Will never buy American again, their cheap up front but get you on the back side.

Would rather save my money for a year to get the supercharger and have a fast rare car with honda quality.

On the evo, complete piping upgrade front to back with larger intercooler, r35 turbo, methonol and c02 cooling and several other mods.

Back