• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I want to ride.

GBM

Registered Member
Hey i noticed a few of you are in the northwest. If youre around, you should go to the Zupans historic vintage races at portland international raceway the weekend after the 4th of july. Ill be driving a porsche 910 there.. theres usually tons of bad ass cars etc. Also if any of you drive your nsx down there ill trade you a ride in it for a ride in my dads built F-40. (Modified waste gate, active suspension, cat bypass, speedline magnesiums.) or we can just race instead if you want.
wink.gif
No but seriously if any of you are in that area id love to see your cars since im pretty set on purchasing one within the next month.

I live in Vancouver WA, just 3 miles north of Portland International Raceway. And for a trade in a ride in an F-40..I am THERE!!
(wait..I need a new clutch, crap, I'll see if I can get enough spare money to get one put in by then)

Sounds good.. ill be there from that thursday on.. if you go to the track into the paddock, our transporter is a silver/grey kenworth with american flag decals across top (decals in grey scale) come by anytime!
wink.gif

If I cant get my new clutch put in by then, you still want a ride? I can give you a Pre and post ride after the C-tech clutch.
Also is it ok if I am a lowly 3.0L 5spd owner?
As opposed to a 3.2L 6 spd?

Are you going to be at the Vintage races at Road America on the 20-23th of July? If you are, let me know! We are going to up there filming and would love to get some footage from inside an F40!

Nope were not going to be at RA we usually just go tot the events at Seattle, portland, sears point, laguna and palm springs. And i do some scca stuff up here in seattle. If i go buy the hook up to get my camcorder plugged into my computer i have footage of the car at an indicated 200mph. (Rally in montana last september) I also have footage of us dusting diablos at 150mph+.. im going to go get snappy tomorrow or friday at comp usa.. when i get it ill post the links. In response to edo, yeah i just want a ride i dont care if the car is bone stock..
wink.gif

5 speeds are not 'lowly' im getting/looking for a 93!

[This message has been edited by GBM (edited 28 June 2000).]

I'll swing by and say hi...always eager to see nice cars. The Shelby club is at PIR on the 4th and rumor has it a local guy is taking his F-40 out there. Evidently he takes his F-50 at times also. A friend of mine and his dad race SCCA races alot so there going to take me out and show me the real line around PIR. (I've only done 1 event there.)

Sounds good. Im going to go to Seattle races this weekend. Portland is such a fun track to drive. I cant wait to get out there. I blew up our mini cooper there last year (damn left hand shifting) hehe

I love the f-50's styling but in terms of power, i dont think it really compares to the f-40. When the boost comes on its like youre on a space shuttle. You just have to make sure the wheel is straight or youre in big trouble!

[This message has been edited by GBM (edited 29 June 2000).]

Back