• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ideas On My Potential Purchase

Hello NSX primers!

First of all let me start out by saying that this website has been such a great resource in finding out about NSXs.

I have been lusting over the NSX for many years, and I finally have the opportunity to purchase one.

I came across this example, it is a 1995 T-Top with 13k miles. The sale guy mentioned that this NSX is the dealership owner's car. When I asked him about the price he said that they were looking for $49.9k, but the sticker in the pictures look like it reads $45.5k.

http://www.javim-anisomob.com/01jekshmr/1320/qui/xap/h.jpg

What are valuable thoughts?!

Thanks

Some background here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/JH4NA118XST000293

Was priced at $45.5 in June 2011, so I don't see why the price should roll up if the dealer hasn't been able to sell it for a year.

Pictures look nice, appears to be a clean stock vehicle, but an INDEPENDENT PPI is advised rather than relying on the dealer to tell you everything is honky dory. Given the vast number of NSX owners in California I am sure you can get a good recommendation for an independent eye on the car.

1995-1996 tend to be some of the less desirable years as they have the added weight of the t-top but not the 3.2L engine and 6spd and the price tends to reflect that, so factor that in to your negotiations.

Good luck!

I've seen that car listed for the past few months. Price seems high at $45.5k due to its year and color. I'd say it should be worth $34-$41k depending on condition and deferred maintenance.

If your really serious about picking this up I can go check it out for you since it's local (~45min). Are you in the Bay Area?

Last edited:
no, TB and WP have never been changed. i emailed them about it last month. at the time they were asking 45k, now 50k? that's crazy. even at 45k i think it's too expensive for NA1 even with low miles. i think the car was originally from AZ (or TX?) and then the owner of the dealership bought the car. it's been sitting there since, they start the car every week and drive it around the block.

i wouldn't pay more than 38 for the car imho, maybe even lower because of the WP/TB

I wouldn't pay more than 35 for that car. No TB or Waterpump is expensive. It has low miles, but it is not a great year for the car. I would take a 97 with higher miles over this car all day.

I've seen that car listed for the past few months. Price seems high at $45.5k due to its year and color. I'd say it should be worth $34-$41k depending on condition and deferred maintenance.

If your really serious about picking this up I can go check it out for you since it's local (~45min). Are you in the Bay Area?

Oh my so many responses in a short amount of time!! NSXprime is the way to go :smile::smile:

Coconut thanks for the generous offer, I live in the East Bay and work out of Fremont. I will go check it out tomorrow morning and see what they can work with, I have an 05 350Z with 60K miles (with some tasteful mods BBK, suspension, wheels) that I would like to trade in at the same time of the purchase of the car.

As some of you mentioned I was a bit worried about the TB/WP, but with 13k miles is that a huge issue as of now? Are your thoughts that he belt is starting to get brittle because of its age?

There is also this car: http://www.luxmotorcars.com/1997-Acura-NSX/Used-Car/Sacramento-CA/0/2013154/Details.aspx

I was a bit worried about the mods it has, and the higher mileage compared to the 95 I mentioned earlier. Thoughts on this?

Once again thanks :)

Last edited:
mileage is not the problem, age is. the car is 17 years old and never timing belt / water pump. given how little the car runs, it's probably not a very good idea. granted it might not break like that tomorrow, but i would be cautious

My Berlina blk 2000 will be for sale soon....You should wait & buy mine... Reason 4 selling, want to get 02+...PM me.

Last edited:
87K miles is nothing on any Honda V-6 engine .... nothing.

And I would not be the least bit concerned about the timing belt on a car with 13k miles on it. Age and sitting won't destroy that belt, heat and sunlight would, badly contaminated air would lead to its early demise, but if the thing has been run now and then and parked under roof most of those years there really isn't anything to worry about.

I have to disagree with 1-0ld-man. Age can affect the timing belt. I offer this question up. Would you rather risk the cost of a new/used C30a motor(not sure what the going rate of those are?) or spend the $1400-$2200 it costs to get the TB/WP changed. For me the peace of mind is worth it. Now I would probably look for a '97 NSX for that price IMHO.

Back