• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Iforged wheels

I am considering either 17x8 - 17x10, 17x7 - 18x9 or 17x8 - 18x10 in Iforged Flux 2 piece forged wheels. First, which combo would offer the best (most neutral) handling for street or track. Second, has anyone had experience with this brand of wheel? I am very pleased with the handling of my 17x7 - 17x9 wheels I have now, but I want a different look and they don't offer that combination. Could the 8" front and 10" rear have a comparatively negative effect on handling, such as more understeer?

Mike Blankenship said:
I am considering either 17x8 - 17x10, 17x7 - 18x9 or 17x8 - 18x10 in Iforged Flux 2 piece forged wheels. First, which combo would offer the best (most neutral) handling for street or track. Second, has anyone had experience with this brand of wheel? I am very pleased with the handling of my 17x7 - 17x9 wheels I have now, but I want a different look and they don't offer that combination. Could the 8" front and 10" rear have a comparatively negative effect on handling, such as more understeer?

I suggest going with 17x8 and 18x10's for the most neutal feel/looks since I personally love the staggared look. I went with the 18/19 sizes for looks.
And I also have the iForged Flux wheels and I love them! They are truely awesome wheels and from my experience, they are very very strong. Do a search for "iforged" and you should be able to find many pictures of my blk NSX with the Flux wheels.
Good Luck
- Z

I like the 17x8 and 18x10 combo as well. If performance is your top priority, you might want to select your tire brand and sizes first. Then choose the rim widths accordingly.

Mike Blankenship said:
I currently run Yoko ES100s. I was going to stay with 215/40/17 front and use 265 or 275/35/18 rear. Any opinion on better choices, tire or sizes?

You have the right size this is what most people run with that set up. The Yokos sound like a good reasonable priced tire.

17x8-- 215-40-17
18x10--265-35-18

Back