• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Iforged wheels

Which wheel and why

• Iforged Flux

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Iforged Seneka

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
Which wheel and why?

Iforged Flux

flux.jpg

or

Iforged Seneka

seneka.jpg

Last edited:
I like the mesh one better but wouldn't buy it because it's too much work to clean. Digging between those spokes is a lot of work. I would get the Iforged Evolve.

BS i like them..have had them in the past, never have had a problem getting ahold of someone and think there QC is on par with the rest of the custom wheel market

01blacks4 said:
BS i like them..have had them in the past, never have had a problem getting ahold of someone and think there QC is on par with the rest of the custom wheel market
You like them so it's BS?

I've never heard of Fikse, Kodiak, CCW, etc having problems like this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54306

...yet that isn't the only thread I've seen on various forums complaining about the quality and customer service of the iForged/Intro/DTM Kreuz/JLine clowns.

I guess you could take your chances and hope to have a good experience, but why not turn to a company without all the issues?

Iforged has revamped their customer service and QC. I haven't heard of these stories recently...just in the past.

Go for the Senekas, classic design that is "safe". You just can't go wrong with it. They even look great in the non-polished, satin finish.

01blacks4 said:
Marc, get your lips off Vincent's ass:tongue:

As for the wheels, I purchased a set of flux a while back, sent them back, twice, for fitment issues. Didnt really work for me so I sold them without ever putting them on my car.

I've found that choosing a wheel for the NSX has always been one of the hardest decisions. Good luck

Seneka looks way too busy for the car....you want a classy wheel without taking away from the car.

Then again, the Flux does look too stock.

I say neither...back to the drawing board.

Personally, I think you are looking for something like on the car on this web page HERE:

They look similair to the Flux, but 10 times better.

Between the two I vote Flux. Easy to clean and it does not cover the brake too much. Like johnny said Seneka is way too busy and IMO it is already common in its design (eg. HP wheels, Works, BBS).

01blacks4 said:
Iforged wheels are heavy and cheaply made with big price tags. They are nothing but copies of HRE. Even their emblems are copies of HRE's. When Z(nsxfoyoass) bought a set of Flux and posted the pictures, I really like the looks. After exchanging a few PMs with him, I thought they were cool wheels to have even though I did not get a chance to look at them upclose. I decided to order a set of Flux in 2003 and was jerked around by this flake Vincent who could not even keep the prices and specs straight. All correspondences contradict each other. Since I still wanted them, I decided to just order them through a wheel dealer who used to be quite active on Prime. Even through that dealer, the specs were all changing daily and these iForged crackheads simply did not know what they are selling. The wheel dealer finally told me that he would not order them for me since a few customers had already had fitment issues with their iForged and he was sure that I would not be happy with the poorly made iForged. I have had a few BMW and Porsches during the past 20 years and had been using BBS forged wheels and Porsche Fuch for them. With the 3 NSXs that I have had, I have used TE37, 2 sets of LE37Ts, LE37K, and a few sets of SSR wheels. I think I know a little about wheel quality by the fit and finish. I have seen a few iForged wheels and their finishes look like Pep Boys wheels and they ARE Pep Boy wheels made by a local cheap wheel manufacturer!
"You get what you pay" does not apply here with iForged. You are paying WAY too much for these wheels.
Steve

Last edited:
Vandetta said:
Iforged has revamped their customer service and QC. I haven't heard of these stories recently...just in the past.
I have a close friend who has problems with them as recently as a few months ago.

01blacks4, I'd like to hear about your bad experience with Fikse. I searched for a thread but it doesn't look like you've mentioned it before on Prime. If you don't feel like it belongs here maybe you could send me a PM. I'm genuinely interested.

I have a set of I-Forged wheels for you, they are the blue car in the picture

Fronts 18x8 w/ SO3 225/35/18
Rears 19x10 w/ SO3 285/30/19
Custom made for the NSX no rubbung at all
PM if you want further information

Don't you already have the HPs? Spending the extra money on the IForged wheels isn't worth it. I used to have a set of DPEngineering wheels. Great wheel but overpriced and I had to polish the lip like every 4 days because the aluminum was bare. What a pain in the butt. If you get the polished finish, you'll be doing the same, except for the whole wheel! Keep the HPs or step up to the Stainless Steel lip version, you'll be much happier and you wallet won't suffer either.

I've also heard of the history of problems with Iforged wheels. Over on www.clublexus.com one of our long time members started a wheel business. His name is Derrick and he calls the business D2Autosport. He sells Iforged among others. Derrick swears by Iforged. He has provided excellent customer service. Getting the wheels shipped when promised and fitment has been no problem...at least not that I've heard. As many sales as he done someone should have complained but I haven't heard or seen any. Contact Derrick, tell him Reggie sent you.
http://www.d2autosport.com/

I bought my flux wheels 2 years ago and had no problems. "The WB" posts on these boards and is a dealer for the Wheels Boutique" out of Florida. No problems with the transaction at all. He had a special going at the time...:cool:

I would not buy I forged wheels... I have had 3 sets of HRE's 540 542rs and 646. Let me tell you if you are going to spend money on iforged I would recommend you saving some more money and getting HRE's you will thank me. You said that you have owned Iforged before, so you will notice the difference. Plus I beleive Iforged are not hub centric!

Back