• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Illegaly Parked Exotics

I have seen many cars parked illegally but have never done anything about it. I myself have parked illegally. I have never parked in a handicapped spot. I not the police and I don't think it is my job to enforce the laws.

I have however have taken action with someone who blatantly stole a parking space right in front of my car while I was backing in.

There is an area in downtown Ithaca, NY.... a place notorious for not being able to find parking, where if you illegally park in certain spots the owners of the spots have stickers they put on your car. Doesn't sound like a big deal until you try to pull the sticker off. The sticker is designed to only come off in little tiny pieces and will take over an hour to remove.

I'd say a razorblade (old style) and hot water with dishwashing detergent would disagree!:biggrin:

Dude, relax. Stop hijacking threads to pipe off about political crap. God, the real problem is that everybody is just SOOOoooo damn offended by EVERYTHING. What he said wasn't that bad. Good god. You act like he used the "n" word or something. It's no worse than calling him a dirty barefoot hillbilly because he's from Kentucky. :wink: Seriously. This isn't a racist site, Captain isn't a racist, YOU however are overly sensitive.

Umm....not really. I find it offensive, I could rip off many "equivalent" slanders for Asians, blacks, Jews and they wouldn't be tolerated. It was WRONG and RACIST, simply put. He's a BIGOT as far as I'm concerned. We are each entitled to our own opinions, and this is mine.

Funny that I just saw this topic because a few nights ago when I was eating at Del Frisco's here in Dallas and had to take a pic:

1036242642_l.jpg

Not just is he in a handicapped spot with no hang tag or plates, but he is parked badly at that. Ferrari Owners :rolleyes: :biggrin:

...Now when I lived in Colorado, they loved to TOW! They tow everything. Damned tow trucks drive all over the state just looking for someone to tow. So I'd say it mostly depends on the city/state and how they handle the offenses.

Have you ever seen a tow truck tow another tow truck? I have. :cool:

I completely understand their desire to get a parking spot less inclined to door dings/vandalism by being out in the open or in a special area. I also understand that they could care less about a measely fine. What gets me is the fact that in most places I'm around if you park in such places it often results in a tow. Any exotic is going to have a 50% chance of getting damaged from a random tow that isn't getting paid $$$ to be careful/flat bed it. At least a Rolls/Phantom etc. has decent ground clearence.

I agree.
My parking depends on my mood at the time and where I'm at. Sometimes(Most of the time) I park waaaaay out in the back of the lot usually taking up a couple of spots.
Sometime if I find a spot I park at the end of a row waay away from the car in the next spot so there is no way they could hit my car.
And other times I park right on in with the commonfolk just cause thats kinda cool in its own way.(its like I have so much money , door dings in my Esprit or NSX from your Taurus don't bother me!)
But I NEVER park in Handicap because of fear of being towed. Money and a ride not being the issue but the DAMAGE from some backwoods MoFo jerking on my lowered Esprit!
BTW: I have no problem with an exotic parking whereever they want. I'm not a hater. To each his own!

I'd say a razorblade (old style) and hot water with dishwashing detergent would disagree!:biggrin:

I don't know your age but if you are old enough to remember the registration stickers that went on the license plate in the corner, you will know the type of sticker I am talking about. Almost impossible to remove, in fact most of the time back in the day the next years registration sticker went right over the last years sticker.

First off, I can't get too mad at people taking up two spaces because an episode of King of the Hill has my favorite character, Boomhauer, double parking his muscle car at the Arlen Mall. Not too long ago, I got in a shouting match with a guy whom I saw use a handicaped spot (he did have the placard) and then stroll into a supermarket. After I let him know how I felt, he went into this song and dance about how he suffered from a gout problem in his foot. All the while he's up in my grill, I'm holding back a laugh because I now recognize him as a college classmate I had years earlier who tried to seduce me and my cash with his stupidass get rich quick pyramid scheme.

Back