• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Impressions on Larry's TURBO NSX!

One word.....Awesome!
Larry, along with Maverick and Gary installed RC 320 injectors on Sinbad's car today. I was fortunate enough to get a ride in the car, and that car is too wicked....it just kept on pulling and pulling. I saw the boost gauge and it indicated a boost at around 6-7 lbs. We were hitting 110mph at 3rd gear (in a matter of seconds). I experienced total adrenalin rush hearing those blow off's.....

I heard they are adjusting to boost to 9-11 lbs later on today and I can't imagine what the car is capbale of. You folks going to Calabasas should denfinately check it out.
JACK

I heard they are adjusting to boost to 9-11 lbs later on today

Not to sound skeptical, but the term "Kaboom" comes to mind. 11 pounds of boost sounds like an awful lot for the NSX engine without MAJOR internal mods to the block. Please keep us posted on how the car does. I'd be very interested in it's longevity with that setup. Best of luck to them!

Hi Tampa,
The car is adjusted to 9-11lbs to see how well the car can handle. Of course, the recommended setting is at 6lbs. You are right, without internals, running on 11lbs is dangerous!!
JACK

I've ridden in Sinbad's car and it is fast. I'm also unsure of how he will turn up the boost that high (6lbs seemed fast enough), but I guess we will all find out on Thursday. He has done this many times in the past, so I'm sure he is not doing it without reinforcing the engine or some kind of trick fuel management (which he does a lot to good results). I'm looking forward to
Thursday!
auto.gif

We are going to have to close off that main drag in Calabsis for some ahem...testing! Maybe we can give our Favorite waitress a test drive again!
wink.gif

Originally posted by ilya:
I've ridden in Sinbad's car and it is fast. I'm also unsure of how he will turn up the boost that high (6lbs seemed fast enough), but I guess we will all find out on Thursday. He has done this many times in the past, so I'm sure he is not doing it without reinforcing the engine or some kind of trick fuel management (which he does a lot to good results). I'm looking forward to
Thursday!
auto.gif

***Maybe we can give our Favorite waitress a test drive again! ***

What??? I thought I was the only one to give her a test drive. I feel so used.
biggrin.gif

Back