• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Initial comparison---Acura ASCC vs Lexus LF-A

I dont know about you guys.....but i think this car is gorgeous!

mainImg.jpg

ASCC : LF-A

Length: 181.5 : 175.6 [identical to Porshce 911]
Wheelbase 108.8 : 102.2
Width 78.6 : 74.6
Height 48.1[=current NSX] : 48

Tires
F 255/40-19 : 265/35-20
R 295/35-20 : 305/30-20

Current NSX is 46.1" tall, not 48.1".

I think the LF-A looks much better and has decidedly more sports car-like dimensions. The long wheelbase of the ASC make me think "platform sharing" with an upscale Acura sedan :eek:

Also theres the question of power. Lexus claims "over 500" hp. How much over 500 is it going to be? I would love to know how much power these v10s will be putting down.

Those things do look like they belong on a mid engined car. It wouldnt make sense for them to have radiators back there. Maybe oil or diff coolers?

Those ducts are for the radiators. On the LF-A shown in Detroit 2005 you can see them more clearly below the tail lights. It's a way to get more weight to the rear of the car.

14_0110feat.jpg

Who hired Veilside to start designing for Lexus? Love it already, would love it more if they cleaned up/toned down the front.

14_0110feat.jpg

Who hired Veilside to start designing for Lexus? Love it already, would love it more if they cleaned up/toned down the front.

You are so right! From that angle it does look like a veilside product.
1999_toyota_veilside_supra_evo-1.jpg

Ick gad, the LFA thing is ugly. The front is grotesque, the rear 3/4 is even worse. Lines that should flow only get interrupted by superflous compounded and intersecting lines. The only appealing aspect is the side view.

Doubt the actual car will have the jacked front or rear design. Sheesh, the rear is even worse than the front.

taken from automotive news:

"Lexus LF-A (above)
Vehicle type: Two-seat sports car

Engine: 5.0-liter V-10, 500 hp

Who designed it: Lexus' design studio outside Tokyo

What's cool: Top speed over 200 mph; designed with front-mid engine behind the front axle but ahead of the passenger compartment, with rear radiators; paddle shifters; three driving modes; a screaming, 9000-rpm red line

Will it be built? Likely. Toyota has been testing this vehicle at Germany's Nurburgring track for more than a year. Expect a production announcement either at this fall's Formula 1 race at Toyota's Higashi-Fuji track or at the Tokyo Motor Show."

IMO, the ASCC is a feeler to see if the market will accept a front-engined NSX, which will make production considerably cheaper for them. I went to the auto show Saturday and the reception to the car was luke warm at best. Lots of people around the Lexus, flooooood of people around the new Camaro convertible, but plenty of elbow room around the Acura. It held very little interest.

I'm afraid Honda has a very different mindset now that Mr. Honda is gone. I read their statement about the car and they're talking like the Big Three; telling us what it is instead of letting it speak for itself. Quality is Job One! (Ford BS). "The ASCC is an example of exhilarating artistic perfection!" Right. Both fall FAR short of their claims.

The Lexus is ok, but both cars rip of the Aston V8, which looks better than either one.

IMO,
The Lexus is ok, but both cars rip of the Aston V8, which looks better than either one.

The Lexus, IMO, is not just OK. It is as short as a 911, has a front mid ship V10, 500+ hp engine, it is built with Lexus quality and has been tuned on the 'Ring.:smile:

The Aston has a flat and squarish look that I think the LF-A is far superior to.:wink:
And we are not even talking quality comparison here.

The Lexus does not "rip of the Aston V8", but it will definitely rip it soundly.:rolleyes:

When it comes to reliability, i dont think anyone is going to beat toyota and honda in that department. The questions is ........how far on the priority list is reliability for the well heeled consumers that will be looking at these cars in the first place? The Aston Martin is a beautiful car but despite its issues, i dont think aston has a problem selling them.

The Aston is a work of art compared to any car on the market. This lexus doesn't stack up... this is too aggresive.

With the Aston out of the picture... this is still a very nice looking car. I wouldn't be ashamed to drive it :D

Something from me to all of you lol

.. width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6zif6CuzV94"></param><embed allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" enableJSURL="false" enableHREF="false" saveEmbedTags="true" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6zif6CuzV94" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed>..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfnJj7BuDGA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfnJj7BuDGA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

That Lexus looks HOT..much nicer than the Acura. How much is for the Lexus by the way?
What I have heard internally is a target of about $110,000....
The current Lexus LS 460L is 96k loaded. The special order only LS 600h L will be over $100,000, the first Lexus to do so. This LF-A will be the flagship.

Back