• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LF-A Official pics

4.8-liter 72-degree V10 putting out 560 hp at 8,700 RPM (that's 116.5 hp/liter) and 354 lb.-ft. of torque at 6,800 RPM
Redline: 9,000 RPM
Titanium valves, connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, dry sump lubrication and a titanium exhaust manifold
Six-speed sequential gearbox
Torsen limited slip differential
3,263 pounds with a 48/52 front-to-rear weight distribution
Power-to-weight ratio of 5.8 pounds/hp
65 percent of the body is carbon fiber
20-inch BBS wheels wrapped in 265/35 ZR20 Bridgestone tires in front and 305/30 ZR20 in the rear.
0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in 3.7 seconds
Top speed of 201.94 MPH
Production limited to 500 units

01-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

02-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

03-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

04-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

05-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

06-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

07-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

08-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

09-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

10-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

11-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

12-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

13-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

14-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

15-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

16-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

17-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

18-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

19-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

20-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

21-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

22-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

23-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

24-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

25-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fTfRh0_RQ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fTfRh0_RQ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Personally, I like the front of the old prototype slightly more:
2008-Lexus-LF-A-Roadster-Concept-Front-Angle-1280x960.jpg

But the body of the new one is gorgeous, IMO.
Nevertheless, I think it's a beautiful car.

I think the CF engine start button is the best part. :cool:

Its a beautiful car... have you heard it? Makes it more lustful... :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDsXsdNgov0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDsXsdNgov0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsXsdNgov0&feature=player_embedded

They're only making 500? Well, so much for that. I was hoping by some miracle they were going to make a bunch and price them well below the ~$300k they kept quoting.

That wing is pretty nice... the gauge setup is awesome. I wish Honda had just finished the new "NSX". They were so damn close, would have been fun to see what they were going to come up with.

Wow! Can't wait to see the thing in person. At least Toyota has the balls to come out with something, Honda it's your turn.

Here is the official website: http://www.lexus.com/LFA/

segment?

The design prowess, engineering, and technology seem to be rivaling (if not exceeding) the ~$200k+ price realm of the Ferrari F458 Italia, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mclaren P11, Audi R8-V10, Porsche 911 GT2, etc'.

The GT-like profile/stance & front mid-engine seem to be poised against the ~$300k+ price realm of the Ferrari F599 GTB Fiorano, Mercedes Benz SLR, Aston Martin DB-S, etc'.

It seems to be a fusion of the two segments?!? :confused:

This isn't likely to be a "budget" hypercar in the same mold of the Koenigsegg CCX/CCXR, Pagani Zonda C12F, and past/recent entrants (ie. Ferrari Enzo, Saleen S7, etc'). Personally speaking, that would've been more of an achievement for the Far-East players (ie. Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Infiniti, Hyundai), an exotic hyper-supercar at 1/2 the cost of it's contemporaries. . .

I assume MSRP will be dictated by whether or not it has a CF monocoque tub ($$$). . .

EDIT: $350k - $375k as-per the LFA website (thanks SurfsUp)

Anywayz... the exterior doesn't do much for me (at least based on celluloid/print) as I never caught onto the L-Finesse designs & I don't like phallic'esque nose-heavy front-designs; obviously in-person may be another story. The interior is... wow, just wow! I wonder though how much of that will carry-over to the production model. . .

Last edited:
In that video, you can see the carbon monocoque construction at time index 0:21-25. This is interesting because at http://www.lexus-lfa.com, they show the first prototype monocoque to be what looks like aluminum being welded up. The front and rear structures are probably aluminum, similar to the hybrid construction of the Carerra GT and SLR.

I find this car much more appealing and lustworthy than the 599. I haven't been this excited since the F430 was released.

Last edited:
The way Honda is going....

We are a rare breed, C'mon honda!!!!! Give us something to save our $$ for!

Props to Toyota!

just when you thought there was a limit to how ugly a car can be made, leave it to a Japanese automaker to break the barrier

they really need a clue

and for the price tag, I'd love to see the Pagani Zonda customers go for this instead

are they seriously thinking they can sell 500 of these toyotas? If this happens I think I might consider making my own car at my back yard and sell it too on a limited production. I bet I'd more successful than this

there's a review for it on the go if you're interested in that:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Lexus-LFA/244199/

doesn't even drive properly. This car is a joke

Well we have the fit.

In that video, you can see the carbon monocoque construction at time index 0:21-25. This is interesting because at http://www.lexus-lfa.com, they show the first prototype monocoque to be what looks like aluminum being welded up. The front and rear structures are probably aluminum, similar to the hybrid construction of the Carerra GT and SLR.

I find this car much more appealing and lustworthy than the 599. I haven't been this excited since the F430 was released.

65% is CF, the rest aluminum. Also seems 65% of the engine is titanium.

Hi everyone.
Info and configure here
http://ww2.lexus-lfa.com/Configurator_en.html

20 will be built a month from Dec 2010 for 25 months. Price is 350-375k but can change (taxes, requests)

LFA-R is coming too...more lightweight, etc

4031526167_5cda453ce8_o.jpg

4031526199_be8fedf141_o.jpg

4032278644_518c191eef_o.jpg

4031526257_7857f4b3e5_o.jpg

4031526297_2bb4313a7d_o.jpg

4031526357_c50d0bf095_o.jpg

4032278822_70c2926a75_o.jpg

4031526453_f937abd4fb_o.jpg

4031526499_4dcd466b9e_o.jpg

4031526617_3bddd8ecea_o.jpg

4032279276_9b59abb506_o.jpg

Looks kinda like a cross between a Supra and an R8...

I wonder what those upper rear vents are for? It looks as though there are already adequate rear brake vents at the bottom.

I agree the orginal concept was much cleaner. The production model has picked way too many details and lines. The interior, is simply ridiculous looking. Best I've seen and come to expect from Lexus. 1220mm or 48 inches tall? I can live with that... =)

$350K? That's a shame and I don't see it ever really dipping under $300K used with the limited 500 unit production. It's like trying to bargain for an Enzo for $500K cause it's got "high mileage", not going to happen lol.

categorize?

I still can't make sense of this forthcoming Lexus offering, namely how to categorize/denote what market-segment or niche` it falls into...

I guess it's to be pegged w/ the Ferrari F599 GTB Fiorano, Mercedes Benz SLR, Aston Martin DB-S, namely other front-engine, ultra-lux', hand-assembled, tech-savvy, super high-performance GT-like sports-cars...(?)

Anywayz... so let's say ~$375k+ when optioned/equipped x 500 units produced = $187,500,000 (U.S.D.). Obviously, the R&D & production costs would seem to be more than that.

I am thinking that some of the costs may potentially be subsidized by a down-market analog in the form of a mass-produced $60k - $75k Supra, perhaps the V10 (may be detuned?) finding it's way into the LS platform & even LX/Landcruiser or Tundra platforms. A diesel version of the power-plant even? It's plausible to see various motifs of the LF-A, as the LF-R (aforementioned already) & a roadster version as-per the current trend w/ exotics/super-cars.

Just guessing, as I have no concrete basis for these assertions. . .

1SICKLEX, thanks for the factoids/links/e-brochure! :D

Last edited:
Look like everyone is bitching about the price and compare it with the other high end super cars. I will betcha that Lexus LF-A is far more reliable than other super cars like NSX

Most of you guys have got to be kidding. This is the baddest engineering acheivement since the NSX, and most people hear sound as if they are driving Civics hurling mud at the NSX.

Let me repeat:
9000 RPM.
~120 HP/l.
3200 lbs (NOTE: NA2 NSXT is nearly that heavy, COUPE is only lighter by about 20 lbs)
48/52 distribution.
Body:65% carbon fiber, rest Alluminum.
Engine:50%+ titanium.

....and built like a Lexus, should last 300k miles easy.

Most here are complaining about the "75K for a 290 HP car.." I mean "350K for a 600 HP Toyota - my Supra can go that fast"

:tongue:

Last edited:
I like the look and love the sound.

However, 375k for the price is way too much. I would rather buying the GTR (R35) and the F430 with that amount of money and still have extra $$$ in my wallet :tongue:

I like the look and love the sound.

However, 375k for the price is way too much. I would rather buying the GTR (R35) and the F430 with that amount of money and still have extra $$$ in my wallet :tongue:

I'm sorry, but you forgot the F430 will make a big hole on your wallet slowly to keep it running.

The rear looks really exotic, but the front looks like one of those european E46 wacky overly gaudy body kits.

Rear I love it...

Front, looks like this...

s2000-front.jpg

I don't like the front, but it will probably grow on me.

Back