• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Insurance companies?

Well, it looks like I'm going to be a 2019 NSX owner Sat! I called my normal insurance co. (Progressive), and they won't insure it due to the value.

What other companies do you recommend? What's a good rate? I have no accidents/clean record and I will be the only driver.

Your age has an impact on getting insurance as well as location and miles per year. Definitely list the car as pleasure driving only and 2500 to 5000 miles per year. With full coverage I pay around $1500 per year age 74. Also have my house and other cars insured by same company. Auto Club usually has really good rates.

Big congrats on your new car. I am still waiting for mine but a high level indicative quote from State Farm was about $1700 a year with multi car/peril discount and I believe $1K deductible. Not pretty but I guess you have to pay to play.

Auto Club here as well.

About $2k a year for full coverage of two cars.

Would have been a lot more if I hadn't bought the CAMRY.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! State Farm said $2,000/yr...or if I move my home and 2nd car over to them too it would go $1,416.

$434 for just the NSX? Or for 3 cars and home?

Insurance is not a how cheap can you go proposition unless you have very little to lose and few covered lives. You pay based on your risk and your potential loss.

Nice week end field trip for you.

It looks like insurance in Ohio is a fair amount less that I pay in Chicago (heavy coverage), mine is $2400 a year for the NSX from Allstate, with 3 cars, my condo and an umbrella liability piece on the policy.

I had mine out this evening, Cubs game so slow traffic and a high count of pedestrians. Lots of long stares, the longest of which was from a guy going into an indoor golf training center. Sometimes I see a RR Cullinan with an orange interior in front of that place.

Thank you! Ohio. Have to drive to IL to pick it up Saturday morning.

Where in Ohio? I'm up in the Cleveland area. Have fun picking up the new ride!

Where in Ohio? I'm up in the Cleveland area. Have fun picking up the new ride!

Canton. Thank you...it was a long drive! Looking forward to picking the car up in a couple hours

Canton. Thank you...it was a long drive! Looking forward to picking the car up in a couple hours

There are three other NSX owners (2 NA1/2 and 1 NC1) within earshot of you in Stark/Summit county, and our FB Northeast Ohio group is at nearly 20 now.

The Northeast Ohio NSX fam continues to grow. YAY and welcome!

There are three other NSX owners (2 NA1/2 and 1 NC1) within earshot of you in Stark/Summit county, and our FB Northeast Ohio group is at nearly 20 now.

The Northeast Ohio NSX fam continues to grow. YAY and welcome!

That's awesome. And here I was just telling my friend, I've neer seen an NSX in my area lol.

That's awesome. And here I was just telling my friend, I've neer seen an NSX in my area lol.

I PM'd you with info on our FB group and on local meetups. As they say, "we out here".

Have a safe drive home!

Back