• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intergrated Control Circuit?

I'm having some problems with my electrical in my 1997. The problem I'm having is this: When I pull down the windshield wiper it will attempt to move and the whole instrument display becomes dim. All the other functions, squirter, intermittent, delay and fast mode all works. This only happens when I pull the lever downwards to get a quick wipe, but all other wiper functions work fine. Also I notice something that could be more or less affected by this. When I leave me key in the ignition without turning on the engine or accessory mode the chime should ring if the door is open with the key in the ignition. It does ring but not all the time and it rings sparatically. Don't know if this is related but all in all it's an electrical problem that has got me puzzled. I was over a Don Lam's Hilltop service and looked at his electrical service manual and we were trying to find out the problem and try to see if it was a bad ground. What we did notice is that the ground "G401" in the service manual, is all grounded to the instrument display, cruise control, windshield wipes and other things (I don't remember). I went to San Francico Honda where I have a friend that does car stereo/alarm install from Honda an mentioned this problem to him. He then refered me to a Honda Service Technician and I spoke to him briefly and he mentioned that it could be the "Intergrated Control Circuit" that has gone bad. What it this exactly, does anyone know? If anybody experience a similar problem that may have an answer or solution for me, I'd appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by NMYMIRR (edited 01 July 2002).]

I guess nobody experienced this before but me.

If the motor tries to run, but doesn't, that is a clue to start your diagnosis with it.

Pull the power cable to the motor and put twelve volts to the motor terminals. The wipers should run normally.

Originally posted by nsxman:
If the motor tries to run, but doesn't, that is a clue to start your diagnosis with it.

Pull the power cable to the motor and put twelve volts to the motor terminals. The wipers should run normally.

Ok, I will try that. What's weird is that if I use the squirter function which you pull the windshield lever back it works fine. All other functions works just not the quick wipe with lever pulled down. I might have to do an electrical inspection because it seems as though other things are affected. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Jackson,

I agree with NSXMAN. I had a similar problem on a MBZ and I replaced the whole stalk and it worked fine. I wouldn't go as far as replacing it on the NSX just yet. It may just be a faulty connection since everything else works, or some gunk got in there and is breaking the connection up. Good luck with that.

p.s. You ever get the exhaust thing sorted out?

Chris

Originally posted by ck:
Jackson,

I agree with NSXMAN. I had a similar problem on a MBZ and I replaced the whole stalk and it worked fine. I wouldn't go as far as replacing it on the NSX just yet. It may just be a faulty connection since everything else works, or some gunk got in there and is breaking the connection up. Good luck with that.

p.s. You ever get the exhaust thing sorted out?

Chris

Well I guess I'll recheck the connections and do some cleaning if that will solve the problem (hopefully).

On exhaust, the guy that sold it to me sent me the missing flange adapters that went with the exhaust. So after I got it, I was able to install it!

Back