• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intermittent radio? (stock bose)

Hey all,

I took off my center console tonight to clean out a noisey aspirator fan and attempt to diagnose an intermittent stereo problem. I have the stock Bose head unit. Some times it turns on fine, other times it doesn't turn on at all. I haven't noticed any pattern yet, but the previous owner thought he had more problems after the car had been driven/warmed up. He did give me another head unit which he hadn't gotten around to putting in (which I did) and it does the same thing. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks!

Roadster said:
the previous owner thought he had more problems after the car had been driven/warmed up.

You ought to get together with surgeon, who posted here that his doesn't work when the car is cold. Between you, you have one stereo that works all the time, and one that never works. Just replace the latter one. :D

Hey,

I may have a stock stereo that works fine but has a nicked up face (preset buttons and knobs). I will try to get it tested and if it works you can simply put the face of your current bad radio on to the good radio. I would be willing to part with it very cheap, as I have no use for it. Let me know.

I was able to get my Bose working all of the time now. I'm fairly certain it was a loose connection/ground wire.

However, when on FM stations the max sound was very low/quiet and when switched to AM, it was normal/louder sound. Anyhow, I swapped out the head unit with the spare the previous owner had given me and it now works perfectly!

While I was in there I cleaned out the aspirator fan that had dust and hair in it...and I swear it sounds louder now?! Can the fan be lubricated in any way?

Mike

Last edited:
Roadster,

I have the same issue with my fan. How hard was it to take your console apart? Was it messy?

Maybe there is a replacement for that fan. If its not too expensive (who I am trying to kid) I might just replace it.

Acura of Brookfield told me the best thing to do was nothing. Turn up the radio or open the window. I guess that only leaves the window down option for you!

Jason

Back