• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is anyone else constantly getting logged out?

I haven't been on Prime much lately, but, in its current form, I won't be coming back. I can barely view one or two pages before I get logged out. If I try to do a search, I often have to log back in. If I try to edit a post, I have to log back in. The site has never bevaved like this before. I even disabled my ad blocker in hopes that might make a difference.

I'm using Chrome (currently version 70.0.3538.54, running on Windows 10). I have experienced the same problem on two different PCs. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
no but I did have your problems last year , and after deleting cookies and files it normalized....but I don't know for sure whether that was the fix....when it was happening switching to explorer helped.

Did you explicitly choose All time from the Time Range drop down when you deleted the temp files and cookies?

I’d be curious to know if you have the same experience using an alternate PC.

Did you explicitly choose All time from the Time Range drop down when you deleted the temp files and cookies?

I’d be curious to know if you have the same experience using an alternate PC.

Yes...and I did mention this happens on multiple PCs (two tested thus far...both using Chrome).

The "Remember Me" trick appears to be helping...not ideal since I'm presently on my PC at work. Doing some tests now to see if I get logged off again...but so far much better.

Last edited:
Yes...and I did mention this happens on multiple PCs (two tested thus far...both using Chrome).

The "Remember Me" trick appears to be helping...not ideal since I'm presently on my PC at work. Doing some tests now to see if I get logged off again...but so far much better.

I normally have "Remember Me" checked on my Mac (on both Safari and Chrome) when I am on Prime. I logged out and logged back in without "Remember Me" checked and now see the annoying logged out behavior. It looks like our "logged" in sessions time out after a few (2 to 5?) minutes of inactivity. I experience the same behavior on Safari and Chrome.

Returning to "Remember Me".

I echo the sentiments of the others who advised clicking "remember me" when logging in. I was having the same issue when trying to type posts a few years back. I would sometimes write a long response and it would disappear every time I clicked to reply and would have to start over, making sure to shorten my response and submit it quickly or suffer the same fate all over again. After RSO advised me to click "remember me" I've had nary an issue since.

Back