• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it me or does the front of this '05 look funky? VIN JH4NA21625S000139

Perhaps its the license plate bracket that's throwing you off. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary...

Trust me I hate front license plates on the NSX :redface:

Even my wife thought the gaps of the hood vs. upper bumper didnt look right....also, color of the upper bumper seems off? it could just be the pic, but it definitely looks fishy to me...

AP08302.03.jpg

AP08302.02.jpg

AP08302.04.jpg

Last edited:
either the bumper or the hood is definitely crocked.

either the bumper or the hood is definitely crocked.

the upper bumper looks like a different color to me in addition to not being aligned properly....

then again, it could very well be a bad picture, but you see clues to a misaligned bumper/hood in both pics...

wait a second...

If you look at the head on shot you can see that the bumper is pushed up against the hood eliminating the black rubber piece gap.

Sometimes the gaps on my Imola appear larger than they really are due to the angle you look at the car. I think it could just be the camera angles...

We are all speculating until someone actually checks out the car. All VIN labels there?

wait a second...

If you look at the head on shot you can see that the bumper is pushed up against the hood eliminating the black rubber piece gap.

Sometimes the gaps on my Imola appear larger than they really are due to the angle you look at the car. I think it could just be the camera angles...

We are all speculating until someone actually checks out the car. All VIN labels there?

it's fishy, but could be nothing. I would love someone to check it out...I am tracking all the 2005s :) I may get my buddy to go look:biggrin:

Look at the fender to hood gaps on this one. Looks like the driver's side is wider than the passenger's.
Look a the gaps at the top of the headlamps. The left is different than the right.:biggrin:

IMG_2014.jpg

Last edited:
Just doesn't look right.:confused:

Look at the fender to hood gaps on this one. Looks like the driver's side is wider than the passenger's.
Look a the gaps at the top of the headlamps. The left is different than the right.:biggrin:

IMG_2014.jpg

but look how beautifully the hood and bumper line up....just wow, wonder who's car that is!:biggrin:

Guys by the way, John is going to send me a snapshot of #139 with the hood open to show this (I bet the pic is in my inbox at work right now. but I went home kinda early), but figured would give you an update on what we found out about this car:

Driver Side Fender is missing the VIN Tag (per John and another salesman Felix at Pohanka). The fender is thought to have been replaced and repainted. According to John, the paint work on the fender is excellent. Hood, bumper, and passenger side fender have the VIN tags in place. I will post the pic when I get it. Again, I was given this info from the dealership, I have not seen this car in person.

FYI

p.s. John seems like a straight shooter from what I can tell...good to have met him over the phone for the first time...

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. The color is fine and the fits of the panels are typical of NSX standard which is not very impressive by today's benchmarks like Lexus. I have yet seen an NSX with all the gaps perfectly even particularly at the headlight covers' seams. I have looked at many many NSXs since 1999 NSXPO. All my 4 NSXs do not have the door panels lining up with the dash nor any of the NSXs I have looked at. The production number is too low for the NSX to have retooling for these minor flaws from day 1. I suppose for the NSX 2002+, the fits are better due to new panels but they are by no means perfect.
Steve

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. The color is fine and the fits of the panels are typical of NSX standard which is not very impressive by today's benchmarks like Lexus. I have yet seen an NSX with all the gaps perfectly even particularly at the headlight covers' seams. I have looked at many many NSXs since 1999 NSXPO. All my 4 NSXs do not have the door panels lining up with the dash nor any of the NSXs I have looked at. The production number is too low for the NSX to have retooling for these minor flaws from day 1. I suppose for the NSX 2002+, the fits are better due to new panels but they are by no means perfect.
Steve

I understand it is a hand built vehicle, so minar flaws are acceptable...but does not mean they should be way off.

regardless, it was confirmed #139 in question had body work on the driver side fender...

I understand it is a hand built vehicle, so minar flaws are acceptable...but does not mean they should be way off.

regardless, it was confirmed #139 in question had body work on the driver side fender...

They say if you keep it up you'll go blind.:biggrin:

Driver Side Fender is missing the VIN Tag (per John and another salesman Felix at Pohanka). The fender is thought to have been replaced and repainted. According to John, the paint work on the fender is excellent. Hood, bumper, and passenger side fender have the VIN tags in place. I will post the pic when I get it. Again, I was given this info from the dealership, I have not seen this car in person.

Does any one know from what year that NSX's start having VIN on the front bumper?

Back