• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this the correct style lug nut for 91 OEM wheel

Is this the correct style lug nut in a 12 x 1.5 for a 91 OEM wheel. I need a set and want to make sure this is the correct style. Thanks.

Attachments

• lugnut.gif
    lugnut.gif
    50 KB · Views: 68
I'm pretty sure that the stock NSX wheels use a "Cone seat" rather than ball seat, but I'll wait for someone else to chime in to be certain.

Most OEM Honda wheels use ball lugs (rounded). Most aftermarket wheels use cone type (straight tapered) lugs.

Remove a lug from one of your wheels and check it to confirm.

kkim said:
Most OEM Honda wheels use ball lugs (rounded). Most aftermarket wheels use cone type (straight tapered) lugs.

Remove a lug from one of your wheels and check it to confirm.

Yes, I just read NSXtasy's post and confirmed that the OEM NSX wheels use the Ball seat, so therefore the picture you show would be correct.

kkim said:
Adrian... you mean you actually did a search???? :rolleyes:
Yes I did. Aren't you proud? I even went so far as to find out that he posted almost the same question in another forum which was already answered. I just posted to let everyone know that you were correct in assuming that the NSX uses a ball seat.:rolleyes:

Yes, that is the correct style, with the ball seat.

The stock lug nuts on the '91-96 NSX are black, though.

If you don't mind chrome lug nuts, you can get them for $1.19 each at Autozone.

Back