• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Issue fitting an NSX-R spoiler (Seibon)

Couple of issues when fitting a Seibon NSX-R type spoiler.....

Spoiler was bought new from another Prime member...

The wiring on the left side doesn't line up near the hole in the trunk lid. If I was to retain the rubber gasket it causes the spoiler to sit to high on the left side. What have those that fitted the spoiler done to solve this issue....

second issue is that the threads on the right side on the front two positions seem to have stripped easily. I've only run the bolts in twice and only finger tight with a socket.... The bolts just spin up. What would be the easiest way to retap or secure the fixings?

Cheers,

Haga

I have recently come across this same issue with the "Seibon" NSX-R replica spoiler recently purchased from Prime member evof575gtc.

Unfortunately, if you don't have a drill, and some other tools to make alterations to the spoiler... I think this part is a bad buy, as far as "direct bolt-on" is concerned.:rolleyes:

My recommendation is to either create a whole for the rubber gasket that houses the electrical line. Or sell the spoiler.

I will say that perhaps as in the OEM wing, you could make a cutout for the rubber, and if you want to seal it, you could get some RTV sealant around the cutout.

Cheers,

AR

When I had my Seibon, I did not reuse the rubber gasket. Yes the bolts will strip if not careful. There is a solution though. There are some small rubber inserts that can be bought at any hardware store with a threaded metal center. The face is flat so you can insert it and it will not push through. You may as a last resort open the factory holes in the spoiler with a dremal just enough to snuggly fit the inserts into. You will then mount the spoiler by screwing the small bolt provided with the inserts and snug up {not overly tight}. This causes the rubber insert to swell up inside the spoiler acting as a backup nut. I did this years ago on my MR2 spoiler and it never ever came loose. Sorry I can't tell you what they are called but maybe someone here has seen them as well. I'm sure if you describe them at the hardware store they will know what you want. They work great.

Back