• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Italiano Concorso is back for next year

For those of you wondering who that is between Arnon and Myself. It is Valentino Balboni, Mr Lamborghini. He's hooking me up.:biggrin:

Some pictures...

Attachments

• P8130117.jpg
    P8130117.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P8130118.jpg
    P8130118.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 43
  • P8130119.jpg
    P8130119.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 36
  • P8130120.jpg
    P8130120.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P8130121.jpg
    P8130121.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 39
  • P8130122.jpg
    P8130122.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 37
Happy to say that I'll be making the trip year. Heading down from E. Washington a couple days early to spend in SF, then to CI on Thurs, Aug. 18.
Would like to caravan if schedules work out and definately park in a group at CI.

Well good to see this thread is still alive and prime members attending the CI! I just dropped off my car at Niguel Motors for a trans swap (snap ring fail) and header install so I should be all set. I wonder if we will have the same nice spot next to the Panteras. Was it COZ that had that arranged?

Yes, I arranged it last year. Unfortunately I won't be at CI this year.
But I will make sure those that go are taking care of.
I will post of information in the next few days.

Well good to see this thread is still alive and prime members attending the CI! I just dropped off my car at Niguel Motors for a trans swap (snap ring fail) and header install so I should be all set. I wonder if we will have the same nice spot next to the Panteras. Was it COZ that had that arranged?

Just talked to Tom McDowell.
Here is what he said, passing it on...

Jim,
Thank you for the note. I hope your health is on the mend.
The event is in a new location this year (new fairways, same golf course) and the Panteras/DeTomaso will have prime real estate. The non-Italian, including NSX will share a small border with Pantera, and a large border with Lamborghini. If NSX and Pantera started a food fight they would be in range of one another. So, the short answer is new locations but similar proximity.

Reminder about the Concorso Italiano coming up next month. I go every year, and it is a great show, not so much for the small group of NSXs (nice as that is) but for the rest of the show. I will be there with my Monte Carlo Blue again this year.

Chip

We will be there again this year. The people of CI are having my daughter guest host the event. We will be coming down Wed. night and staying through Sunday. There is a large Northwest Seattle group heading down. Lambos, Ferraris, NSX and others. See you all on the Golf course.

I will already be in Pacific Grove the night before, and will drive over when my friend arrives from SF mid-morning.

Chip

Happy to say that I'll be making the trip year. Heading down from E. Washington a couple days early to spend in SF, then to CI on Thurs, Aug. 18.
Would like to caravan if schedules work out and definately park in a group at CI.

Thy and I are driving down Wednesday. Registered /pick-up tickets both of our cars yesterday. We may go to LV Saturday. Are you still going? I already made reservation at our favorite restaurant. :smile:

PM SENT...
ARNON

Disappointed! This year 2011 Concorso Italiano, bad layout. Need to rethink about coming back next year. They just threw all Japanese (non italian) cars in a small space and called it good.
I shall find other events to go to next year. Plenty of choices to go to this same weekend.

This year's turn out feels like 50% of what I'm used to seeing. It may be even smaller than that.

At least I got to sit in a $400k Aventador and Murci.

I was hoping to see the Pagani Zonda R, but heard it was at the Quail Lodge that day.

Attachments

• IMAG0646.jpg
    IMAG0646.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0647.jpg
    IMAG0647.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0648.jpg
    IMAG0648.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0685.jpg
    IMAG0685.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0686.jpg
    IMAG0686.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0687.jpg
    IMAG0687.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0688.jpg
    IMAG0688.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0689.jpg
    IMAG0689.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0693.jpg
    IMAG0693.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 25
Disappointed! This year 2011 Concorso Italiano, bad layout. Need to rethink about coming back next year. They just threw all Japanese (non italian) cars in a small space and called it good.
I shall find other events to go to next year. Plenty of choices to go to this same weekend.

I agree. It was kind of disorganized in that the people directing the cars to their supposed proper location were unaware of the quantity of cars attending. After talking with the rather large guy in the golf cart who was yelling orders he moved some of us around. The first guy I talked to stated he didn't know more than 8 NSXs were showing up. Really? Just look at the registered NSXs that have been posted on the CI website. Anyways, not that big of a deal but it made for an interesting morning.

They had more cars attend this year than last year. The reason it seemed smaller is that they used 5 fairways instead of 3. The hillside fairways burned up to many clutches of the Lambos and Ferraris last year. Next year they have hired more experienced organizers for parking and layout, and they may move it to a different golf course. More terrain friendly. Thats just a rumor.:cool: CI had the LFA, 4 Aventadors, Bugatti, Enzo, Etc...Quail has a different lineup and crowd that attends. Next years NSX layout will be different.

Back