• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Japanese Car Day (Sep 16) - Museum of Transportation

I was there last weekend with my brother for a Porsche thing. A CGT showed up which was pretty cool, and the museum has some really, really old cars as well as a few unique items such as one of Shumacher's old F1 cars (or replica), a Noble M12 and some other stuff. Worth a look.

I can't go this weekend as I will be out of town.

is there parking? have you ever been there Dom?

is there parking? have you ever been there Dom?

Dave,

I've never been there, but I think attendance at this Sunday's event implies you're entering your car as part of the festivities for judging. At least that was true for Miata Day which was in early August; there were trophies awarded for various categories (pictures were in the Northeast section of the Miata forum). I have no idea if the same holds true for Japanese Car Day (i.e. trophies). There's not a lot of info about it on the website.

If the weather's decent on Sunday, I'll probably go.

Sponsored by DRONE (Datsun Roadsters Owners of New England). Here's some additional info I found on craigslist about the event:

The 7th Japanese Car Appreciation Day welcomes all makes, models and vintages of Japanese manufactured cars, trucks,tuners and SUVs.
The event is sponsored by DRONE (Datsun Roadster Owners Of New England) and Lexus USA. The Showa Institute will be holding Japanese cultural events throughout the day. Registration is $10.00 per vehicle.

Price: Adults $7.00, Seniors,Children 6-16 and Students with I.D. $5.00; Children under 6 and Active Military are free.

There is parking. Last Saturday they used the front lawn for the cars that are entering the competition and there is parking in the back. People also park all along the road heading up to the back parking area.

OK!!! Where were you guys!!! I was there , and out of 65 cars I finished
second place!! A very CLOSE second per the crowd votes BEN :biggrin:

That's awesome, coming in 2nd. Congrats!

Turned out to be such a beautiful day and the decision came down to "do I want to show the car" or "do I want to drive the car"? Driving won out, so my wife and I decided to make a day of it up in Maine. As nice as the pics of the museum and grounds looked, there's something about driving the Maine seacoast on a cool Autumn-like day.

Got some shopping in (there's just so much an NSX can hold), had some great lobster, and the car attracted its usual share of attention. I still worry about where I park it and keep a wary eye on others parking near it. There will be time for other shows.

Again, congrats on your finish.

Back