• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jay Leno's Garage 2nd gen NSX

I'm not convinced Jay feels this new version of the NSX is very "tasty" indicated by the number of times he said it's "really good" or by his final comment of "I think we're gonna order one of these".

I'm disappointed they used an 02/05 model as an example. Should've a 91 since it really set the benchmark. Black to match the Gen 2 would've been tasteful.

Wow.... How cool would that be to have Michelle as your GF??? Smoking hot and btw, designed the the new Nsx :eek:

nice boot:biggrin:

indeed there was just a hint of the full boot....

Real nice looking car. Launch looks really cool on that but I dunno. Something about the sound of scorched earth seems like way more fun than rocketing forward faster. I like when my wheels break free and power slide. It's fun.

Black hides a lot of subtle features, lines, and curves. Wish they would have used a white 2017 instead...

Propulsion of the future or not...there's just something about hybrid or electric technology that is a complete turnoff to my automotive, gut-wrenching, loud-motor-blasting-past-you, love for automobiles.
The new NSX gives me the same feeling as seeing an ashamed ex that cheated, at a party...just bleh.

Took too long, wrong power, wrong transmission. :frown:

Last edited:
Launch mode at 2,000 Rpms doesn't seem too exciting. I realize it's awd bit this is just another thing I don't like

Hybrid supercars are here with us for a while. Top of the line offerings need the hybrid drivetrains to perform. F1 technology is trickling down. Even McLaren announced their 650S replacement will be a hybrid. http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/03/mclaren-650s-successor-turbo-v8-hybrid-report/

Not to worry. For the old school guys, companies like Porsche recognize there is a market for underperforming but more engaging "Driver's" cars. The 911 R is a great example. I hope the next S2000 will be Honda's answer to this. It will never be the NSX. The NSX will always be the pinnacle of technology whether we like it or not. Fwiw... I love the new hybrid tech. I daily an EV an it's amazing.

https://youtu.be/tRxbgACxlec

Launch mode at 2,000 Rpms doesn't seem too exciting. I realize it's awd bit this is just another thing I don't like

Launch mode is not supposed to be exciting, it's supposed to be fast. Wheelspin and tire smoke is not fast.

Regarding the video, I thought Leno liked it more than he expected. Seems promising.

Back