• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Jetblue to rename aircraft Psychotic Blue

They're going to have to change "going Postal" to "going Airline".

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...etblue-pilots-flips-out-is-subdued-by-pilot/1

You only read about the ones that happen in the air where they have to divert. There have been many incidents of crews flipping out that you don't hear about. I heard directly from a Chief Pilot of an incident at my former airline where the Captain and First Officer got into a fist fight in the cockpit. As well, as many, many "flipping out" incidents that have happened on layovers. Including two suicides that occurred in the hotel on a layover.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, flying and a lot of other stuff "ain't what it used to be." Is anyone else getting tired of saying that? :rolleyes:

At least they didn't crash the plane.

My folks came out on the train last week, the stewards on the train seemed genuinely very happy as they helped my folks off. I don't think I can remember an airplane FA who looked even remotely happy.

Miner

I don't like to fly the way it is without having to worry about the mental state of the captain and crew...I mostly fly AA, I sure hope they have more than just a rubber stamp evaluation for license renewals. :smile:

I don't like to fly the way it is without having to worry about the mental state of the captain and crew...I mostly fly AA, I sure hope they have more than just a rubber stamp evaluation for license renewals. :smile:

As a Captain I have to renew my medical every 6 months. I'm in and out of the Dr's office on average in less than 20 minutes including the eye exam. But the doc does do a quick exam.

I can say from my time at the airline about 30% of the pilots are just plain weirdos. And 10% are.really creepy.

Last edited:
I work on UAVs and there are a lot of pilots in my line of work. Lots of retired fighter pilots, recreational and sailplane pilots.

Q. How do you know there is a pilot in the room.

A. He tells you :biggrin:
:biggrin:

Back