• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JGTC Event at Cal. Speedway NSXCA Christmas Party? Dec 18-19

Steve, got both of my weekend passes today. :)

Thanks! Only thing left is the parking pass. I'll have to figure out the best way to get them from you. :)

Question: It states on the passes that they need to be visable at all times. Does this mean that we should find a way to wear the pass at the event?

Jgtc Event Attendance Details!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have just received the parking passes and Shirts for the event! :biggrin:

I have also received additional information on the procedures for entering the event and parking in the Club Parking area. :cool:

The parking passes will be available to be picked up starting tomorrow at 5:00pm at my house in Seal Beach. If you are planning to pick up the tickets at my house please e-mail me (if you already haven’t) and I will send you my address.

Please call me before you plan to come and pick up your tickets at (714) 330-6563 so I can be sure to be home to meet you. :tongue: If I don't answer the phone I may be in a meeting at work (until 4:15pm tomorrow Wednesday and Thursday). Please just leave a voice mail message and I will call you back.

When you pick up your passes (yes I said Passes! You will get a Car Club parking pass AND a fan lap pass) I will give you a Map that shows where the entrance is and where the car club parking will be.

I am still planning to also be in the hotel lobby of the Fairfield Inn in Ontario from 7:00pm to 11:00pm to give out passes.

If you are planning to pick up your tickets at the track I (or someone else from the Club) will be located as close to the entrance to the Tunnel under the track in the Southwest corner of the track as is safe. All attendees will be entering the track through the Main Entrance off Cherry Av (which is at the Southeast Corner of the track).

Here is the information from the event organizers:

• All car club participants now park in the infield in a newly created car club zone. We displaced two other attractions to make room for you.
• All car club participants receive a parking pass with in-out privileges. You are the only ones with this type of access.
• Those of you who are not able to participate in the fan lap receive a free wristband for the VIP Grand Stand on both Saturday and Sunday, a $20 value. The VIP Grand Stand is purpose-built for GT Live and sits right on top of the best infield action. On Saturday this will be a great place to see some serious braking duels between the JGTC cars. On Sunday the VIP Grand Stand once again gives you a spectacular view of all the JGTC action and provides the best viewing for D1, XDL and Formula D. The VIP Grand Stand lets you see down the straight and through the corner section for maximum coverage. And by limiting access you will know you have a seat. Stephen will be handing out the VIP wristbands on Saturday in the Car Club Zone.

When you are given your parking pass you will also be given a map that provides you with a venue layout for:

• The entire GT Live venue
• The location of the Car Club Zone
• The path into the Car Club Zone

Some instructions on getting in:

• If you are in the fan lap, please arrive by 12:00 noon or we will not be able to stage you. You may start to come in as early as 6:00am when the gates open. We will park all car clubs that participate in the fan lap in one section of the Car Club Zone. You’ll receive a map with a specific parking location once you get to the lot. Please stay in the right hand lane through the tunnel and be patient so we can get everyone parked.

• Make sure to have your parking pass and display it in the windshield of your car as you come into the tunnel. Without it you will not get in. Once inside our staff will replace your temporary pass with a permanent one for the rest of the weekend.

About the fan lap:

• Car count is limited to 250.
• Staging commences at 1:30pm. You must be at your car by then so you do not become the source of a traffic jam.
• We will take you from the Car Club Zone to pit lane and line you up three wide. The goal is to get all participants out of the Car Club Zone and onto pit lane by the 14:30 start time.
• You will be following a pace for one lap around the track. Please stay close to the car in front of you to ensure a nice clean run. We cannot allow any kind of antics such as burn-outs, sudden stop-and-gos, or anything else that poses a safety threat to the other participants. Fire & Safety will be lined up all along the track and pick out unsafe behavior. They will take down your license number and pull you out of the event. If they feel you are a safety problem they are entitled to toss you out of GT Live all together, so please be careful.
• At the conclusion of your lap you will be instructed to return to the Car Club lot. Please return to your original parking spot to avoid conflicts with other car club participants.

Tents:

Each club over 15 cars was promised and will receive a tent. We are lining those up along the northern and southern edge of the Car Club Zone. Your club’s name will be posted on each tent.

T-shirts:

Stephen Dietrich will be handing out T-shirts on Saturday after all the cars have been parked in the Car Club Zone.

*Possession of the pass does
not constitute a guarantee of entry until guest is checked in and verified.
The pass is not transferable and should not be disseminated to just anyone. Only participating car club members.

YOU MUST BRING YOR PARKING PASS WITH YOU OR YOU WILL BE DENIED ENTRY.
Please present BOTH this pass AND credentials at Gate 18 (the entrance to the tunnel) to gain entry.​

I am planning to arrive at 6:00 so I can start giving out passes as others arrive.

I hope this information helps answer some or all of your questions. If not let me know.

nsxtasy said:
The National Weather Service forecast for Fontana sounds slightly warmer than that; it says 69 to 75 on Saturday, and 70 to 76 on Sunday. Lows 33 to 43. Mostly sunny both days.

Whereas Intellicast agrees with you, predicting sunny highs of 65 and 67 and lows of 41.
They have revised the forecast, warmer. The NWS now says 75 to 81 on Saturday, 72 to 78 on Sunday, lows 38 to 48, sunny and clear both days. Intellicast now says highs of 71 and 70 and lows of 43.

Re: Jgtc Event Attendance Details!!!

Hey, Steve, is there any restrictions on bringing cameras to this kind of event? I'd hate to be turned away or have them to confiscate my digital SLR and video gear...

I'm planning on picking up my passes at Steve's house
Thursday night. If anyone who lives near me (Northridge)wants me to pick up their passes also, PM me and let Steve know also. You can then pick up your passes at my house very late Thursday night, all of Friday or very early on Saturday.

Perry

Re: Jgtc Event Attendance Details!!!

akira3d said:
Hey, Steve, is there any restrictions on bringing cameras to this kind of event? I'd hate to be turned away or have them to confiscate my digital SLR and video gear...

"If you feel something hard being pressed into your back, before you get ready to throw down, realize it’s probably just some guy’s lens. "
that's from one of the GT Live emails... so i think that's saying cameras are ok :confused:

I just got a press pass so I dont need the 2 day pass I just got from Steve, if anyone needs it let me know.

Thanks for the ticks, it got here at 5pm today and I leave at 9am for Cali.
Perfect timing, looks like i owe you dinner and a few drinks. :biggrin:

Cameras are allowed, but you need to read the back of your pass.
The JGTC has rights to the footage and pics that you take, so if you try to make money off of it they will want there cut.

I just spoke to the event organizers and found out two things.

First, Cameras are OK (see prov4re's post above)

Second, Because we are parking inside the infield of the track California Speed way has said "No Alcohol or food and grills, etc. will be allowed inside the track!" They plan to search cars! I was told if you bring a small cooler of Soda that is OK.

This is just getting harder and harder!!! :mad:

Ca AGNSX said:
I was told if you bring a small cooler of Soda that is OK.
Apparently true, as long as the cooler is soft-sided and the soda is in plastic bottles. Here's what it says in their Guest Guide (and I am assuming that the grandstand policies apply to the infield as well):

GRANDSTAND POLICIES

In effort to provide a safe environment for our race fans, while ensuring everyone timely entry to view the event, the following policies shall be in effect:
Fans may enter California Speedway with:
• One soft side bag / cooler, no larger than 6 X 6 X 12 inches. Examples include: a soft side insulated cooler, a scanner bag, a fanny pack, a purse, a diaper bag, a backpack, etc. This one bag may be carried in any manner, i.e. by handle, with shoulder straps, on a belt, etc. The soft side insulated cooler may contain ice.
• NO hard-sided coolers (which have never been permitted at California Speedway), regardless of size, are allowed in the grandstands.
• One clear plastic bag, no larger than 18 X 18 X 4 inches. To accommodate samples received and purchases made after fans have parked their cars. This one bag may be carried in any manner, i.e. by handle, with shoulder straps, etc. Clear plastic bags may not contain ice.
Note: Fans are allowed to bring in one each of the bags described above.
• Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt and seat cushions carried separately are also allowed.
• Seat cushion bags with compartments will be reviewed on an individual basis.
All items brought through a grandstand gate will be inspected.
The following may not enter the admission gates:

• Firearms, Fireworks and items restricted by Local, State or Federal laws
• Hard sided coolers, thermos, freezer / ice packets and insulated cups of any size
• Strollers, umbrellas, wagons, inline skates, skateboards, pets, bicycles, scooters (motorized and/or manual), etc.
• Glass, aluminum and metal containers
• Any bags, backpacks, or containers larger than the allowed size.
None of the above restricted items may be left in or around the gate area.
California Speedway reserves the right to refuse entry of any item deemed inappropriate.

(Edit: my Club Pass is now spoken for!)

:frown: Ok, I just finalized my plans and I will not be driving my NSX down to LA for this event. Therefore, I have 1 club pass available for the taking. Please private me if you are interested and I will work out the details with you and Steve.

I am still going however, so you will need event tickets if you do not have them already.

~eric

Last edited:
UPDATE-The parking lot at the Fairfield Inn is stuffed with NSX's, mostly with mod's. Very cool to see the PHX group with both SOS cars, this event will be very cool. All of us owe Steve Riter a huge thanks for the effort, time and personal financial investment to make this work. The event operator has not made his life easy, but the weather and everything else points to a great time. ENJOY the best SoCal has to offer :smile:

coolnsx said:
UPDATE-The parking lot at the Fairfield Inn is stuffed with NSX's, mostly with mod's. Very cool to see the PHX group with both SOS cars, this event will be very cool. All of us owe Steve Riter a huge thanks for the effort, time and personal financial investment to make this work. The event operator has not made his life easy, but the weather and everything else points to a great time. ENJOY the best SoCal has to offer :smile:
Gil,

You ain't kidding!! There's a lot of big *ss wings out there in that parking lot!!!

-Randy

There should be some great pictures later, I've looking out the window watching Fury take pictures as the crew rolls in!

Back