• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JGTC Event at Cal. Speedway NSXCA Christmas Party? Dec 18-19

prova4re said:
Cameras are allowed, but you need to read the back of your pass.

For those of us who still do not have a pass, can you elaborate on the camera restrictions? Mainly, is there a lens size restriction?

Lud said:
For those of us who still do not have a pass, can you elaborate on the camera restrictions? Mainly, is there a lens size restriction?

"holder grants permission to project GT, Inc. and its agents and licensees to use holder's image and/or likeness in connection with any still photograph, live or recorded video display, or other transmission or reporduction in whole or part of the GT live event."
:biggrin:

Another thing about cameras is that I'm assuming that we can have the camera in the bag in the car while at the infield, but it can't be in the bag as we walk around. Would this assumption be correct?

So how are we to carry lenses of different focal lengths? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey Randy!

I think I want a copy of that picture!

As for the event THe first day went GREAT! We (the NSX Club WAS the largest club in the Car Club lot with 96 NSX's (I think).

The Fan Lap went off without a hitch (albeit a bit late) and we event got to go single file and had a GREAT lap!

The JGTC Race was also great viewing and NSX's won in both Classes (500 hp and 300 hp)

Dinner after the event was VERY Tasty (THANKS AwsomeR1!)

needless to say a FANTASTIC DAY with FANTASTIC PEOPLE!!!

Good Night!! :biggrin:

Yes, indeed! Thanks for pulling this together for us, Steve. :) Too bad we had to leave right after the fan lap, but we'll see you again tomorrow! :D

Yes indeed Steve, thank you for all the hard work. I had a great time, and I think my GF may have just been converted to an enthusiast!! :biggrin:

BTW, I am also very happy w/ the shirts. I had a couple of inquiries from other fans asking where they could buy one. :cool:

Thanks so much for all your hard work, Steve.
Thank you Calvin for helping us retrieve the pass from behind the dash.
Thanks to all the good company. My wife and I had a great time.

Jim

Thanks Steve for coordinating this event and making it a smashing success. It was a lot of fun!!

It was an amazing sight to see almost 100 NSXs together. I wish I had a chance to meet everyone at the event. I look forward to seeing you guys at a future event.

I also want to thank Ken Sax for his help.

See you guys at NSXPO!

Cheers!
Sandy

Last edited:
I brought the whole family and we all had lots of fun.
Thank you Steve for making this happen.
What a great deal; 2 days of racing, primo infield spot for our cars, 2 good looking shirts, a fan lap and it was nice to see the NSX crowd again. Glad to see Lud again and finally got the chance to meet Mr. Sax, bowed and kissed the ring
on their pinky finger to show them respect.
Perry

Thanks Steve for all of your hard work on getting this event organized to the best of your ability. I had a GREAT time and got to put some faces with the people here on Prime.

I am glad the shirts were such a success! I think they look AWESOME!

Also, a BIG thank you to James for organizing the dinner. The dinner was wonderful and they were able to get everything out in a timely manner considering the size of the group. Also, it was very well organized as far as the payment goes. Kudos to James for a job well done.

Lastly, thank you to Casper91 and t-med for your behind the scenes work with the name tags and lanyards.

This was my first ever NSXCA event!!! It was awesome!!! :biggrin: Thanks to Steve for organizing and being that friendly face, and thanks to James for setting up the dinner where the food was great... and thanks to all the other NSX owners who made us feel welcomed!!! I had a blast putting faces with screen names and seeing guys I've seen at our regional meets... Can't wait for NSXpo 2005... :biggrin:

Good times :biggrin:
Thanx to Steve for orginizing the largest car club at the event :cool:
Brad and Terry for their behind the scene work with the great shirts and name tag/lanairds(even though they spelled my last name wrong...IT'S TWO N's!!! :biggrin: ) Great job to all those involved in pulling that event off!!!
Great to see some old faces and meet some new ones too...
can't wait til the next one!!!

Sorry this is late, but I want to thank Casper91 and T-Med for the badge and lanyarns, James for organizing the dinner, and I want to especially thank Mr. Steve Riter for organizing this event! I had a great time and it was good to see all my NSX friends from around the country again.

I hope to see all of you again soon.

--Conrad

P.S. Two NSX-related New Year Resolutions: Drive my NSX more (~2000 miles in 2004? :mad:, and be more active on NSX Prime.

Back