• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought that 2001 Coupe.

I love you chunk.....

Frankly, social media does social a lot better than forums. Nevertheless, I think forums will have a place in the car community because they do everything else better than social media (except perhaps marketplace). Prime, like the others that survive, will become more of an online car club atmosphere versus a social gathering place. Though, I really do hope our members stay social- I've made some great friends here.

I hear you. I've always wondered though, why does Prime show as "Not Secure" instead of being a secure site?

Pardon me that I've helped redirect this thread...maybe it'll arouse DeHaldaswerth to return and update us...

All of the forums are dying off, not just Prime. I'm still active on a few of them and they all have the same feel. This one is actually pretty active for such a small community. Pre-social media I was on some smaller forums that would have 10-20 posts a day, now there are 3-4 a month.

At the cost of the fun, disposable chatter that used to be peppered in daily (hourly?) on NSX Prime during my search ~10 years ago, at least now the posts here are a bit more on the purposeful side, no?

:)

Although I miss Batmans' constantly reminding us about his lowest-cost-ever NSX, or Shawn from Florida's adventurous builds. Or Tim Bromley's passion. Or all the GPW coupe owners ignoring my email requests about whether they'd ever consider selling their NSX. Those were the good old days.

I hear you. I've always wondered though, why does Prime show as "Not Secure" instead of being a secure site?

The server and software are so old and outdated that they do not support SSL. The new forum will support fully secure browsing. We're currently working with Xenforo to migrate Prime over to the new host. It's taking a long time because the existing Prime is so fragmented across the server.

The server and software are so old and outdated that they do not support SSL. The new forum will support fully secure browsing. We're currently working with Xenforo to migrate Prime over to the new host. It's taking a long time because the existing Prime is so fragmented across the server.

Aha, thanks.

Maybe this was covered already in other posts that I didn’t see but will that also be accompanied with a massive reworking of the forum interface, and are there any examples of other forums to see what that plastic surgery will look like?

I’m sincerely hoping as much of the “non-flat design” aesthetic and controls of the current forum are retained. I’m not at all a fan of the flattening/simplifying fad that’s plagued forums, websites, and even the windows/apple/ios/android interfaces for the past 10 years that to me just results in reduced ease of navigation and enjoyment factor when spending more than 5 minutes on a given forum or website. That and the purposeful reworking of a website to improve accessibility on any size mobile screens always results in a flat-design looking website with a lot of wasted space that has to be continually scrolled thru to digest and navigate. That and controls/info are hidden offscreen and require additional taps/presses to access instead of having them out in plain sight. Apple’s community help forum is a great bad example of this type of “improvement.”

At any rate, I don’t want to be that old guy yelling at clouds especially when I haven’t even heard of how the new site will look, but given how the minimalist flat-design interface reworking I mention above tends to be less enjoyed by “an older crowd” with less patience for trendy reinvented interfaces, and given that the NSX crowd isn’t exactly the tik-tok crowd, I really hope Prime isn’t heading down the “modern, fresh reworking” highway or that might really further drive away the old stalwarts used to navigating Prime’s interface which has been pretty steady for the 10+ years I’ve been here! :)

Back