• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just picked up my new NSX!!!

Took delivery of an Imola Orange 6 spd.
It is replacing a 2002 Corvette coupe. My first impressions are favorable...car handles great. Even though I will miss the torque, I love the way this car looks.

:cool: :cool:

Congrats. What you lose in low rpm grunt is replaced by intoxicating high rpm melodic whine:D

It will easily outpacing the C5 vette without a sweat!!! Trust me, I drove a 04, I know what it is like. Check out our gallery!

Congratulations!

This makes around half a dozen new NSX owners in the NY-NJ-PA-DE area in just the past few weeks. I'm convinced they are all buying the cars so that they can bring them to NSXPO 2004 when it's in their area this October.

nsxtasy said:
This makes around half a dozen new NSX owners in the NY-NJ-PA-DE area in just the past few weeks. I'm convinced they are all buying the cars so that they can bring them to NSXPO 2004 when it's in their area this October.

That's what I was hoping to do, but unfortunately it looks like I'll be waiting longer :( I just built a house and it needs to be furnished. I'm trying to convince the wife that the garage needs to be decorated first but she's not buying it!

NSX/MR2 said:
It will easily outpacing the C5 vette without a sweat!!! Trust me, I drove a 04, I know what it is like. Check out our gallery!

Can you send me a little of what you are smoking? These cars are virtually identical in 1/4 times. I own an nsx, but i'm still realistic...

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your car. I sure love that color!

I too came out of a C5 into the NSX

Yes, the torque is a little more in the vette, yes the sound of 8 cylinders is sweet (up to 6,000RPM) but the sound of VTEC even with a stock exhaust is also sweet, the lack of grunt is more than compensated by the increase in handling. I've told everyone, the vette was brute force, the NSX is pure finesse. Look at RSO's video from his latest racing week, look at all the vettes he so easily passed. My only complaint with the NSX is when jerks confuse it with a vette!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations!

I agree Imola is a sweet color. Not to start a flame, but I can tell you that I have spanked more that one C5 in my 03. Maybe it was some other factor than the car's performance, or maybe my NSX just forgot to read the magazines. Then again, technically a Bumble Bee can't fly...

Enjoy the majesty of the NSX...

I luv this new car....handles great...looks really cool...easy to drive fast. But I really doubt that it would spank the C5. The C5 has balls...plain and simple...but the NSX is soooo much more refined.

Congrats on the NSX! I still don't know why the C5 comes up so many times on NSXPrime.

-Awais

How do you put up with this?

People are drawn to this car like it's magnetized. Every body looking, touching...getting fingerprints all over it. So freaking annoying!

Is it always gonna be like this?

Re: How do you put up with this?

sonny9201 said:
People are drawn to this car like it's magnetized. Every body looking, touching...getting fingerprints all over it. So freaking annoying!

Afraid so - I always pucker up when I go out to the parking lot and see people standing around the car - it is the price you pay for the fun of watching people rubberneck as you drive by.

Re: How do you put up with this?

sonny9201 said:

Yup. Just yesterday, I was approaching a stop sign when 2 young guys crossing the street threw their hands up in the air and gave me a big bow. That just cracked me up.
Steve

i had a class of school kids on a field trip all around the car with the teachers telling them to hurry up and line up- in a straight line. They eventually gave up and had a look at the car as well. Got sick of them around the car so activated the alarm, scared them all off.

Gotta love the NSX

people bring up the c5 because realistically (in terms of both performance and price) they are the closest competition. The same way people compare pcars and ferraris. wrx and evo7. camaro and mustang. I certainly dont mind the near constant comparisons, but to each his own

Back