• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just when you thought German cars couldn't get uglier....

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
.....they raise the bar once again. This time they managed to combine the hideousness of the Z4 with the blandness of a Solara. And to top it off, it's now parked for the winter next to Charlotte. God really does have a sense of humor.

ugly bimmer.jpg

This must be uglier in person... one of those "photogenic" cars... and I do concur that the Z4 is 10 steps down in looks from the Z3. But, cars in general seem to be getting uglier...

2013_lumma_design_bmw_m6_11_1024x768.jpg

2013_lumma_design_bmw_m6_4_1024x768.jpg

I think the M6 is the best looking Bimmer in years.

8 series and E46 M3 are my other favorites.

I like the looks of the new folding hardtop Z4. I wouldn't want one, but I think it might make a good car for my wife.

Those 6 series are $$$ as well. Hard to get one optioned out for less than $100k. They look much better than the old generation.. which isn't saying much.

Look awesome front and rear shot. Are they tuner car? What's the emblem on the hood? Rear wing can't be stock. I googled for new M6 and stock M6 doesn't look like that. Plus side profile looks a bit soft for such aggressive front and rear.

2013_lumma_design_bmw_m6_11_1024x768.jpg

2013_lumma_design_bmw_m6_4_1024x768.jpg

I think the M6 is the best looking Bimmer in years.

8 series and E46 M3 are my other favorites.

Apparently the owner thinks it's worth 2 parking spots.

From the sounds of it, this is the underground parking area for an apartment or condo, and those parking spots may belong to the owner. When I was living in a condo, I also had two parking spots and that is how I parked when I only had one car. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he is parked appropriately.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are talking about. I think the new 6 series is beautiful.

Personally, I think BMW has really improved since the Bangle years. The new 5, 6, and 7 all look better than the last generations imo. Love the new 3 too. And the upcoming M4 just looks sexy. If you guys prefer humpbacks and that "flame whatever" 5, then you can have them. If you are referring to the E36 3 series era, while they were sexy in their time, they just look outdated now compared to the new versions. E36 m3 vs. M4 is not even a comparison worth talking about (based on looks alone).

And +1 to parking across multiple spaces: for many residences, if you have a 2 bedroom+, it comes with 2 parking spaces. All the owners here park across their multiple spots to prevent others from thinking they are empty and parking in them.

People need to stop jumping to conclusions about other peoples' personal property. Especially on a private residence.

Last edited:
and they took 2 parking spots. I would put a note on their car.

- - - Updated - - -

or key a message into the paint on the trunk so they can read it better LOL

Saw the 6 convert and 6 series Gran Coupe at bmw welt and I thought they were gorgeous cars. Especially the M versions.

I tend to agree - recent BMW designs have gotten much better and the new interiors are gorgeous in the right color combos.

well...interesting thread
I've got a new 650i with the M Sport package (coupe not the rag top) and in person, it looks aggressive and with twin turbo's, mounted on top of the engine, it flat fly's....I get tons of people stopping me asking about it...almost as many as with the NSX.... The more I drive it the more I love it...

For me, some of the ugliest cars ever made were produced in the 1970’s.

Feast your eyes on the 1976 Datsun F-10 coupe:

F10-02.JPG

Then there's this abomination from France, a 1973 Renault 12 sedan:

6780750711_b80b4e3ed6_z.jpg

It looks like a dog taking a dump. Double park a 2013 BMW 6-series convertible next to either of those. If that BMW is the new low point of German automotive design, it’s no wonder German cars are held in such high regard the world over!

Last edited:
As you can see woody Allen's movie sleeper had a tremendous influence on car designs of the times.:tongue:

"A real head turner!" ........................ I turned away as soon as you posted it Hugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Some owners raise the bar even higher than the company ........................ :confused:

Those E65 generation BMW 7 series pictured above were considered ugly in Germany even without 28” spinners.

People put the design of that car down to BMW trying to meet not just German but world market tastes and hiring a non-European to head their design department. Sales figures for the E65 disappointed in Germany but broke records overseas so the gambit seems to have worked for the company overall. When Chris Bangle stepped down as the head of BMW’s design department in 2009 (and went back to America?), people over here cheered. For me, the low point of BMW’s design was reached under him and I think the cars developed after he left look better again.

And I also think Kias and Hyundais look a lot better since they hired a German ex-Audi guy to be their Chief Design Officer.

I think the 6 series grand coupe is the best looking car they have ever made. Best interior too. Too bad it is so expensive!

as for styling of gt coupes/convertables I think aston/jag/mazer are much more attractive ..that said at first glance that looked like a solara to me too:eek:

Back