• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kansas City Cruise Sept.24th

OK, I know we are overdue for our next cruise, so here it is! Sun. Sept. 24th meet at Panera Bread in Independence, MO, at the N.E. corner of hwys. 40 and 291 at 9 AM departing prompyly at 9:30 AM. Weather dependant. We do the country backroad twisties in a "spirited manner". Please fill up before you show up. The drive usually lasts around 3-3 1/2 hrs. and we will stop somewhere for lunch. I will post on the Porsche, Viper, and Ferrari forums to see if we can intice any of them to attend. Gary. :biggrin:

yeap sounds good

I have got to make it out for this!

Possible, maybe.

I now have a nose bra for these "events." Too many rock chips last time out.:biggrin: Zipy, I also have a full tank of gas!:biggrin:

The Iowa guy.

Bill

Last time out pix.
6429group_11.jpg

You boys be careful, still look around over here from time to time. Good to see your still at it. FYI- the guy that bought my car a few months back folded up the arse end up at Mt. Tremblent in a HPDE, stepped on his nuts @ 110mph and slid into a tire wall. It can be repaired but exhaust, rear bumper, tail light assembly, lower A-arms are history. I would share the pixs but it makes me vomit whenever I see them.

Anyway, you guys might consider a drive out to HPT for the SCCA run-offs second weekend in Oct. Shoot me a PM

http://scca.com/Event/Event.asp?IdS=003B2A-614DD00&Ref=06-runoffs

Last edited:
Damn, Tom ---- sorry to hear that. I'd be sick over something like that too.

I'm going to try and make it to this drive/meet and I have a videographer guy who can come along and take HD video.

Have we heard from the other groups yet?

Looks like 5 maybe 6 NSX's? What about the other two turbo NSX's?

I definitley want to come out, but I am worried about the metal flecks in the oil pan. That combined with the weird noise coming from the turbos, I probably shouldn't run it real hard till I figure out whats up. Would hate to miss the Buffalo Run.

I'll be there with you guys next year... i'm not 21 yet... boo hiss...

Have fun... And eventhorizon, you are giving me a ride in your car... I've been wanting to boost an NSX for a long time and would love to know what yours feels like. (I am concerned that the ride will end up costing me like 10k in the end) And i hope you get your oil stuff taken care of. From my experience with high hp turbo cars, any blow by caused by turbos shouldnt put metal flakes into oil... What series turbos are they? Dual ball bearing? T-Series?

Good luck and take lots of pictures at the rally!

Weather looks like its going to be great! See you guys in the morning. Gary.

Wish I could of made it, please post pics when you all get back!

Well, we still had a good drive even with just the 4 of us. John, Joseph (with rider), and me. So were the rest of you afraid of those BIG BAD clouds? No rain, just clouds for a while, then sunny and cool. You guys missed my new CF type- R spoiler debut. We went N.E. and up through Excelsor and ate at the Wabash barbecue. We'll still get in a couple more drives this year hopefully. See you then. Gary.:biggrin:

I was 1 day away from making the cruise. I couldn't get into the shop for an alignment until today. The toe was out of whack from the previous owner, and I didn't want to mess up a brand new set of tires before getting it aligned. Rats, and you ate at Wabash bbq to boot!:frown:

Argh... I came down with a nasty cold/flu on Friday. Ruined my weekend.

We'll have to put together another meet before winter hits!

Back