• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Karting at AMP this weekend? (generic title so we can reuse it)

I will next time...

BTW I'm getting real close to buying a 125cc CRG KART (TAG KART) not a shifter kart though... 17-18,000 RPM 32HP but I need your help. I need to find a big parking lot that I'll be able to drive it on while I put together enough money for a membership to AMP :eek: LOL

I'm about two/ three weeks away Tim, as my shoulder is bearing weight now! Just need to pump it up a bit more....

The weather should be getting perfect just about the time your shoulder is ready for some track time... I call that perfect timing :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

AMP is not on my happy list anymore :mad: I drove there and they were closed to the public because Ford rented the entire place.

My frustration comes from their website and Facebook page said they were open!!!

Try this again... I'm going this Sunday around noon if I don't go snowboarding in North Carolina. Let me know if anyone is interested?

We Had a blast this past weekend, even my 8 year old son got to drive a session.
28999_10200639850706506_1712428562_n.jpg

Power to weight ratio made him lightning fast in the straight and up the hill, but he needs a few more years before he will master the high speed turns like his Daddy :cool:

Last edited:
This Friday there is the 2nd week of the Public Kart Racing Series at AMP. It is a racing series for 12 and over in balanced karts. (meaning light people are weighted so all karts are equal with the drivers in them) Call or email AMP first in case this Friday they are full... There is limited space. The races are every other Friday night starting at 5pm until 8pm for 10 weeks. I went last time and had a blast!!!

Back