• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Keyless entry remote programming

According to comtec (via PM), I'm afraid this isn't possible for our cars. I only have one remote for my 99 NSX and was hoping to add another.

Only way is to order through the dealer, if they are still available. The dealer has to order from Kenwood using the numbers on your control unit. Aftermarket and remotes from other cars can't be programed for your system. I have the same problem only having one remote. When i get all this other stuff done, i plan to order a keyless control and a alarm control from a 2005 year. They have more features and are programable.

I have noticed that Dali Racing can obtain the remotes from Kenwood.

They use to be able to but were probably just ordering through a local dealer. Unfortunately i never recomend them because of the number of problems people have had.

Mike

FWIW - I ordered a keyless entry remote from Dali last year and got it, but it took a while (a couple of months, I think.) To be honest, I think these things take a while for Kenwood to get around to making. Unfortunately, they're not getting any easier to get and it's just a matter of time before they'll be unavailable.

I'm glad to have a spare though.

I got mine from Dave @ asian auto parts, he is a great guy to deal with & got mine in 2 weeks since it has to be sent to Kenwood to be programmed. You will need to give him the Serial & model on the back of the keyless entry module right underneath the glove box.
I believe it was $75+ shipping. See link, # 3 down.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Discount_OEM_Parts

Last edited:
I got mine from Dave @ asian auto parts, he is a great guy to deal with & got mine in 2 weeks since it has to be sent to Kenwood to be programmed. You will need to give him the Serial & model on the back of the keyless entry module right underneath the glove box.
I believe it was $75+ shipping. See link, # 3 down.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Discount_OEM_Parts

Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can get a spare remote for my car.

My car is a 91, I craw under and look under the glove box, and don't see any module to get serial number. Is it located under the glove box that you can see? I guess mine is gone not there, don't see anything.

Another question I have is, is the keyless control module different then the security control unit? The reason I ask is the security control unit is behind the glove box and in order to get to, you would have to remove the glove box to access it.

Back