• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Keyless Entry Schematic/Pin Out

ENT

Contributing Member
The service manuals are easy to find on-line but the Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals (ETM) are nowhere to be found, except in print. I'll be picking one up shortly but, in the meantime, my car is all apart so I could really use some help.

I'm looking for a schematic and pinouts for the keyless entry circuit on a 1997 NSX, specifically the connector used to add in the factory keyless unit. I have factory keyless but no remotes so I've decided to upgrade to an aftermarket system using the pre-existing keyless cable for a cleaner install.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Attachments

• KeylessConnector.jpg
    KeylessConnector.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 102
This info would be great for me too is someone can send it my way, i got my nsx without remotes so i would like to fix the issue of not having a security system. Also getting the manuals in print would be great if anyone can point me in the right direction to get both.

It's alive! And I managed to work in the parking light flash and trunk release too!

I tore out an ancient GPS install and found an old car phone install too. I can't believe how much extra wiring there was. In any event, the car is back to stock with the exception of the new keyless entry system.

Thanks everyone.

WldNsx - I managed to find a '97-2000 ETM for ~$25 on eBay.

Cheers,
Ian

I'm interested in how you did this as well. I'm installing an aftermarket key-less entry unit and am looking for the best way to hook it up.

Thanks!

The age old question, has anyone figured out yet the wiring to make the '93 and newer keyless entry work for the '91 / '92 cars and if so maybe post the colours needed to be matched or bypassed.?

Cheers
nigel

I may have spoken too soon. I took the car out for a drive and the EPS light was on. I haven't had any problems with it previously so i can only guess that it had something to do with the work I did.

I checked the EPS fuse and it's Ok. I've pulled/installed the clock fuse to reset the EPS (as referenced in other threads) but it's had no effect. Does anyone have info on the EPS circuit?

Cheers,
Ian

Got it. It was a loose ground connection at the battery. I tightened it and pulled/reinstalled the clock fuse and EPS is working again.

Cheers,
Ian

I may have spoken too soon. I took the car out for a drive and the EPS light was on. I haven't had any problems with it previously so i can only guess that it had something to do with the work I did.

I checked the EPS fuse and it's Ok. I've pulled/installed the clock fuse to reset the EPS (as referenced in other threads) but it's had no effect. Does anyone have info on the EPS circuit?

Cheers,
Ian

Back