• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kid's Day At the Glen

LJSB

Suspended
What day is this event this year? I want to make sure I leave it open to go.

Wednesday July 15th.

Let's start the sign up list! :biggrin:

1. Pooh
2. TheDon67
3. RSO
4. pbassjo
5. RPM217
6. KingKongNSX
7. Gsommer
8. DocJohn
9. LarryB
10. Jalnjr
11. Clembeauch and friends!
12. The Hawk
13. Tytus
14. FTuhy
15. Oldduffer
16. Speedjunkie
17. David B Moore
18. Anatoly
19. Bob M.

Last edited:
Wednesday July 15th.

Let's start the sign up list! :biggrin:

1. Carla
2. Don
3. RSO
4. Joe
5. RPM217

C'mon everyone, this is the most fun you can have with your car and do something good for Kids!

Are you guys going up the day before? Just wondering if I should take two days off for this.

Carla, Bob and I will arrive the night before because Bob and I will be attending the driving school on both days.

What's the hotel we're all going to stay at this year?
This year the Kids Day is on Wednesday the 15th, I plan on driving up on Tuesday the 14th, and hopefully we'll all do a dinner like years past.
Here's the link to sign up:
https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=1

The hotel of choice is the Falls Motel. But I think it is sold out. However, Turbo2Go and Liquid stayed at the Best Western in town and liked it.

I'll be there. We maybe taking two cars and then the whole family will be with me.

The hotel of choice is the Falls Motel. But I think it is sold out. However, Turbo2Go and Liquid stayed at the Best Western in town and liked it.

That was the Budget Inn and it was a great value. Nothing glamorous but a pretty cheap room ($75/nt.) and it was clean with a brand new remodeled bathroom, which was nice. Right in town too so it was convenient, unlike some fancy people who were staying 19 miles away in Corning at the Radisson. :)

Good question: This is for Camp Good Days which provides programs and services to improve the quality of life for children and families whose lives have been touched by cancer and other life challenges.

Got no kids. Can i adopt 1 of yours to get in? :biggrin:

16th Annual Camp Good Days & Special Times
Mike Francesco's "Kids Day"

Wednesday, July 15th

Sponsored by trackmasters, inc & Watkins Glen International

Proceeds from this Event help support the on-going efforts of the Camp Good Days and staff

Join the children and families of Camp Good Days & Special Times

Give rides to the kids, and then share in lunch and smiles.

TOURING LAPS with the kids .......$60.00
Drive the children around WGI's famous long course, then join us for Lunch.
(Must be minimum 18 years old and hold a valid state driver's license)

GUEST LUNCHES AND RIDES.......$15.00/Adult ( 18 & over )
(children under 18 are free)

Contact trackmasters at (607) 734-4471 for reservations.

please sign me up.
:biggrin:

I am giving it serious consideration but Susan will be unable to accompany me. She has to work so I can afford to play :biggrin: Are there any plans for the ALMs race at Lime Rock the following weekend?

Hi All;

clem will be there Im leaving rite from the Edison walkathon; Roger, Also Joe B & female friend (possibe to be Mrs B will be attending with the Red Mini X
His Honda Del Sol..

Regards
Clem & Joey:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi All;

clem will be there Im leaving rite from the Edison walkathon; Roger, Also Joe B & female friend (possibe to be Mrs B will be attending with the Red Mini X
His Honda Del Sol..

Regards
Clem & Joey:biggrin::biggrin:
Clem have you left for the Edison walkathon yet? If not, better start now!:biggrin:

the falls still has double beds fer the nite
99 buckerooos
be seeing you.

In the spirit of getting more NSX owners involved, for those who have not done this before, what's the cost of participating?

For example, my car is stock and a "track virgin". Tires are a year old with less than 3,000 miles (Goodyear GS-D3), so they should pass a safety inspection.

Do I need to add any special safety equipment?
Will I need to get a helmet?
What fees will I need to pay?
Does the cost vary if I simply cruise around the track at "highway speeds" vs want to push the car to more joyous speeds?

Everyone who has done this in the past has stated how personally rewarding this is and what a joy it is for the kids. I would like to try it this year. However, I want to understand the costs involved.

I of course know that in addition to the cost at the track, there's a hotel room, meals, etc.

This is touring laps (except for Jadkar :eek:) of the track with the kids from Camp Good Days. Therefore no helmets or special preparation of your car are necessary.

The kids arrive around 11am and, for about an hour, we give them rides around the track. Many, many car clubs attend each year. Probably over a 100 cars last year.

Trackmasters is also running a driving school that day. However, it is only open to advanced students. Most of the gang hangs out all day watching the folks like RSO34 and myself zoom around the track.

Cost:
TOURING LAPS with the kids .......$60.00
GUEST LUNCHES AND RIDES.......$15.00/Adult
Hotel Room (a very long day if you drive to/from)

visit www.trackmasters.com for more details

Does the cost vary if I simply cruise around the track at "highway speeds" vs want to push the car to more joyous speeds?

With the kids in the car it will be parade lap speeds only (ahem, ahem Jadkar...) but Gary and I are Open Trackers which means we can take people around at speed during our sessions so if anyone has a helmet please bring it to speed up the process of swapping out passengers and ensuring that all those who want to soil themselves get the opportunity.

p.s. and in case anyone takes in hot laps with us at speed, please let us know if there is any risk of motion sickness to avoid repeating the in-vehicle projectile vomiting of the last passenger to ride with Gene Lim in his Porsche.....

Back