• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ko-nsx is visiting Pittsburg

I'll be in Pittsburgh Sun-Thurs. I'd like to meet the local nsx guys. Im not sure who you are but give me a buzz and hopefully we can set up a meet and greet. I'm staying at this hotel.

HOLIDAY INN ALLEGHE (HOLIDAY INN)
180 GAMMA DR
PITTSBURGH PA 15238

Don't know anything about PA, but looking for suggestions.

da 'Burgh...

When you get back from your steel-island, I'll give you a lowdown on da 'Burgh... it was a long pitstop in my adventurous past! It can be a fun city if you're in the right places! :cool:

Based on the addie of the Holiday Inn :)D), it's northeast Pittsburgh near Fox Chapel (an area more-or-less like our Westlake). A sleepy but swank 'burb close to town, if you will.

If you got a rental, you're not far from the Strip District (eating/drinking establishments, warehouse/industrial type of vibe in the general area).

There's nearby Squirrel Hill & Shadyside areas (kinda like the Triangle & the Arboretum areas we have here, eating/drinking/shopping).

Otherwise, The South Side area (namely Carson Street, similar to our Warehouse District) & nearby Station Square are lively & entertaining places (eating/drinking/etc), both located on the other side of the river across downtown. Also, you can grab a nearby incline-trolley & head up to Mt. Washington, a very scenic spot w/ the best view of any city anywhere, along w/ great restaurants & cafes.

And then there's Oakland, which is where Pitt & CMU are; typical urban campuses but w/ very scenic buildings & landmarks, and nice museums/parks nearby (Carnegie Museum, Phipps Conservatory, Frick Fine Arts, Schenley Park, etc').

Not sure if any sporting events happening when you're around, but PNC Park (Pirates baseball), Heinz Field (Stillers & Panthers football), Peterson Center (Panthers basketball), Consol Center (Pens hockey) are all excellent venues to take in a game.

No need to meander over to East Pittsburgh, Hill District, Wilkinsburg, Homewood, etc'.

Last edited:
Back