• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

La Junta Track Go 4 It Racing

Go 4 It Racing will be at the La Junta track on Friday, Saturday, Sunday this week. I'm going on Saturday for another day of instruction from Michael Pettiford from Go 4 It. There will be a Z06 and a Roush Mustang there, so I'll get my a$$ kicked, but it should still be fun. I was mentioning it, in case anyone else was interested. You can check out costs etc. at Go4ItRacing.com. I had a day with Mr. Pettiford last spring in Pueblo and it was a blast. It's not cheap, but it is a lot of fun, and he's an excellent driver/teacher. Hope to see some more NSXs.

Yeah, it's too bad that we don't have many good tracks left in Colorado. I'm anxious to see (and hopefully ride in) that new Z06.

LaJunta has a great track. It's a VERY fast track compared to Pueblo. We had a 2006 Viper, 2006 Z06, 2007 Roush Mustang, and my 2004 NSX. The Z06 is a monster. It is incredible. He had Hoosier racing tires on it, but he could have had bicycle tires on it and it would have ran circles around the other cars. The track was a pleasant surprise. You guys in Colorado should check it out if you get the chance. Go for a ride in a Z06 sometime too!! You won't regret it.

I don't share quite the same enthusiasm for La Junta, but once a year or so is cool. I agree, we don't have too many options right now... but hopefully that'll change soon. If you haven't already, consider coming out to a NASA event... www.nasarockymountain.com. There have been a few different NSXs out at different times.

Thanks for the invite. I will definitely try to make some of those. LaJunta is being resurfaced in a month or two. Could make it better or worse, depends on the job. It was a fun track for a day because it was easy to learn and you can really go fast on it. Pueblo is a good track too, but just takes a little longer to learn apices etc. I'd like to turn a Z06 loose on either one. That's one hell of a track car.

Hey Chris,
Sounds like you had a blast.. I've to agree that the Z06 is a killer car!! I got a chance to ride in one and it scare the living crap out of me. The c6 z06 has so much power and it handles like crazy!!:eek:

Back