• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Laguna Seca on March 12th

kye

Contributing Member
Anyone interested ? I went to the last event, was a great day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW!! Laguna Seca Opportunity! - Monday, March 12th!!
Our friends at the Coastal Driving School have just picked-up this date and have invited TMR to help run and fill it with our members. TMR will be taking the lead on the event management, so it will look and feel similar to a TMR event. The best thing about this event is the price - $275 and a discount for a 2nd Driver if you're sharing a car with someone! Some clubs are really gouging drivers at Laguna these days because of supply and demand. (over $350+/day and up for a single day!!) Fortunately for you, the CDS and TMR don't believe in this approach and have priced this event to be affordable for drivers. The format for this event will be identical to our event last month at Laguna with Advanced, Intermediate, and Novice run groups, and a minimum of 110 minutes of track time per driver. Breakfast and lunch will be provided, as well as bottled water throughout the day.

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/html/abouteventslsir_3-12-07.html

Registration for this event is now OPEN! All drivers can begin sending in registrations for this event immediately. We will confirm your slot and send additional registration and payment info after we receive your registration. We only have 30 days to fill this, so spread the word with fellow drivers, and any forums you may frequent!!!

Doug just informed me that the sooner you decide to attend this event, the sooner he can make an NSX focus event out of this. The registration will fill up very quickly as Laguna Seca is going to be hard to secure in 2007.

So all you trackers, get on the ball, call your friends, this is a great price to be at Laguna Seca with NSX instructors too :cool:

I am signed up now, Have two friends not on this board joining and hopefully Carlos also, lets prey for good weather!!

It will also be the first outing for the CTSC and Brembo's ....

I am signed up now, Have two friends not on this board joining and hopefully Carlos also, lets prey for good weather!!

I'm signed up!!

See you there KYE!

I'm really tempted, but got too much going on that weekend.

So you decided to take the plunge after all. :biggrin: BTW, I saw your car last Saturday.

I'm signed up!!

See you there KYE!

Your's too. :biggrin:

Shad is a very busy guy these days...

My mates are not in NSX's unfortunately, 1 is in a 911 and the other a viper, see you all on the 12th.

//Kye

I am not sure but I think you can come along for free. My passenger will be open as will a lot of others I am sure. //Kye

Bill, good to hear you will make the trek ....... there is no entrance fees. Just gas up and show at the track. You may want to buy lunch at the track so that would cost about $10-$15.

I'll bring an extra helmet in case you want to take rides. Rides with instructors are complimentary. All you have to do is sign a waiver and have a smile plastered on your face. A diaper would be handy too if you ride with Kip LOL!

I'm in, well sorta:) I would love to meet up with you guys. I probably wont track my car but would love to watch. I live around 20 min from Laguna Seca so I can swing by anytime. Are you all planning to meet up and drive around Monterey? That would be awesome if we could do that.

I'm in, well sorta:) I would love to meet up with you guys. I probably wont track my car but would love to watch. I live around 20 min from Laguna Seca so I can swing by anytime. Are you all planning to meet up and drive around Monterey? That would be awesome if we could do that.

COOL ...see ya there.

as for the drive...well, after a track day, I am usualy beat tired. and just want to make it back safe with out a speeding ticket :)

hey Bill, and Hrant....I will be in HI for the first week of March.......so pick a place and count me in for a split on room.

Kip will have his 3.5 Super NSX............you should get rides..if you can get me out of his passanger seat :)

Lito

Just a dumb question since I've never been to the track. Does it kick up alot of debries and little rocks that mess up your paint? I just got my side skirts and 02 rear valance painted and wanted to keep it clean atleast for a few months. Or is it like normal wear and tear like driving on the freeway?? Thanks

Most of the debris is rubber from the R compound tires, and this is more of an issue in advanced groups, or depending on the track you attend potential dirt from those dropping two wheels. If a you are new to the track (Laguna), and if most of the drivers in your group stay on the track, there is little issue. I do recommend you use a bra/mirror covers and perhaps tape the signal lens - that will expose only the hood and the windshield :wink:

By the way, there is a waitlist for Laguna.

Back