• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Laguna Seca on March 12th

OK You guys are KIlling me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might have to go in the blue car maybe

Steve

my home track :)

i grew up in Salinas, boy that town has sure changed :( and btw, it will ALWAYS be Laguna Seca (not mazda speedway lol) i know in earlier posts they said it would be hard for track time in '07 but do you forsee an event later this year? i would love to try to attend one.

bill

I also grew up in Salinas. Yes, there are gang problems in the city now:( I actually still work in Salinas. Which high school did you go to?

Steve, How are you felling ,good i hope........................bill

Bill,

I am feeling better and getting around easer as well, still can't drive the race car as it is all apart right now. I do have the FEVER and can't wait. I should be ready to drive the race car in April, thats what I am shooting for. I will try to drive the blue car this weekend and see if I can push the clutch.

Thanks for your concern,

Steve

I also grew up in Salinas. Yes, there are gang problems in the city now:( I actually still work in Salinas. Which high school did you go to?

i actually went to high school here in Arcata,ca. most of my family are still down there. My family own the irrigation pipe company on John st. depending on your age...you could have gone to school with one of my relatives for sure. the duggers, kimes, lackey's?

bill

i actually went to high school here in Arcata,ca. most of my family are still down there. My family own the irrigation pipe company on John st. depending on your age...you could have gone to school with one of my relatives for sure. the duggers, kimes, lackey's?

bill

I'm 34 years old. I attended Palma and graduated in 1989. I dont recognize those names.

I'm 34 years old. I attended Palma and graduated in 1989. I dont recognize those names.

to be honest you're around the same age as my aunt/uncle :) im only 26. nancy donald and michael dugger? lol. anyways thanks for the post. its such a small world when you look at it :)

thanks

bill

to be honest you're around the same age as my aunt/uncle :) im only 26. nancy donald and michael dugger? lol. anyways thanks for the post. its such a small world when you look at it :)

thanks

bill

DOH! I don't even remember my own age! I am actually 35, lol. Damn, I'll be 36 this year. How depressing:frown:

Hi All! Was a great day yesterday and fun meeting you all, Best of luck to all of you in the future and if you are ever in Japan please look me up.

Cheers, Kye

Good rubber left by the Champ Cars last week? Everyone improve by at least 1/2 second/lap? Several SCCA classes set track records at Infineon last year after a major race was held the previous week.

OK, let's cut to the chase; what's the Kip report? :rolleyes:

Hi All! Was a great day yesterday and fun meeting you all, Best of luck to all of you in the future and if you are ever in Japan please look me up.

Cheers, Kye

Hey Kye

hey brother, great meeting you also, best of luck in Japan, and thank you so much for letting me use the silencers.

as for the day.......it was AMAZING !!!! first time on this track......but man, what a awesome track, no wonder it is world famous.

where the track nestles in the Monterey hills, and the difference in elevation changes on the track...incredible ride.

can't wait to get back.

Hrant, Kip, jeff, tom, Kye, what a great day.

Lito

Good rubber left by the Champ Cars last week? Everyone improve by at least 1/2 second/lap? Several SCCA classes set track records at Infineon last year after a major race was held the previous week.

OK, let's cut to the chase; what's the Kip report? :rolleyes:

hi Ted

ok, from first hand, report from passenger readings.......on my ride with, fastest driver that day. the problem was, we had mandatory point by.

from the seat and looking out to the other cars.......Kips NSX was far superior, he was on everyone's bumper till they pointed him by.

as for update on performance mods.........well, his NSX is SOOOOOO STRONG EVERY WHERE on the track. Even if he only had 10 feet of straight line.......he throttled it and NSX poured its power at any RPM range.

BUT MORE TO COME..........I seen the gorgeous intercooler installed three days before. his radiator is already installed in front, intercooler and hoses lines was in place for fitments. Shad has a few more fine detail work, to create his master piece of a system of completion.......right now, it was at 6lb boost only.........but still kicking and spitting out 498-500 hp.....then turn up the BOOST !!!

proof is on the track.........plain and simple, if you want the parts that can withstand Kips driving force, and reliability and performance that can out pace a F430 car (there was a few there) or GT3...........nothing beats this glorified HONDA accord engine built by Shad.................this NSX goes to track in and out with out a leak or squeak.....reaching speeds of 180+ and braking like a huge anchor. Cornering and power sliding like a race car.

other drivers were coming up and saying.........how in the hell did you come up to me that fast? how in the hell did you do that.....and so on....

so, that's the report.

Lito

for me, my NSX was commented from my instructor, was impressed of the way it handled it and pulled. I was only in the Novice group becuase the was the only spot available......and first time for me on this track........but my instructor released me after noon.......he used to be a race car driver name of Dave Bottom Arlan motorsports.

Lito, you were the man with that wicked sounding exhaust ........ too bad you missed the meatballs the night before so you could appreciate all the double entente jokes :redface: :tongue:

But what I want to know is how you stayed so patiently behind Jeff for 100 miles at a putzing 75 mph :eek: :biggrin:

And Kye, it was nice seeing you at the track and fun too on the track .... and hope all goes well in Japan.

In a sea of red NSXs, the black rules ........:wink:

Re: The Kip Report

proof is on the track.........plain and simple, if you want the parts that can withstand Kips driving force, and reliability and performance that can out pace a F430 car (there was a few there) or GT3...........nothing beats this glorified HONDA accord engine built by Shad.................this NSX goes to track in and out with out a leak or squeak.....reaching speeds of 180+ and braking like a huge anchor. Cornering and power sliding like a race car.
Well Lito, I appreciate that you're thrilled with Kip's car and quick hands, and have delivered such a glowing qualitative report but I need some hard data. Let's see, the last time I was egging him on, I predicted 1:35, but that was before the new blower and a track that was no doubt still nicely rubbered in from the Champ Car testing. So, did he get under 1:34? :confused:

Well Lito, I appreciate that you're thrilled with Kip's car and quick hands, and have delivered such a glowing qualitative report but I need some hard data. Let's see, the last time I was egging him on, I predicted 1:35, but that was before the new blower and a track that was no doubt still nicely rubbered in from the Champ Car testing. So, did he get under 1:34? :confused:

hey Ted, ok, some real numbers..he was timed on a wrist watch, and hit the 1:35...but this was with mandatory point by. which pissed him off.

so I would think he should of shaved off a second or two.

I was with him many times that we were ready to pass, but they didn't point by......but you Ted know well enough, when he comes up behind you, one is very surprised how fast he gets on your tail.

Lito

1:35? Well OK then, he avoids the SLACKER label this month. But I'll bet he's still an underacheiver !!!:wink:

Lito, you were the man with that wicked sounding exhaust ........ too bad you missed the meatballs the night before so you could appreciate all the double entente jokes :redface: :tongue:

But what I want to know is how you stayed so patiently behind Jeff for 100 miles at a putzing 75 mph :eek: :biggrin:

And Kye, it was nice seeing you at the track and fun too on the track .... and hope all goes well in Japan.

In a sea of red NSXs, the black rules ........:wink:

Hrant, yes, the sound from my exhuast is good....but to much for Laguna Seca-hood...so thanks to Kye, I got to drive it with his silencers.

and yes, driving behind Jeff...lets say, it kept me honest. the last time after Thill,, I got a ticket just out of the gate...first five minutes on the FWY going 90 mph...and CHP was smiling at me.

lets go agian. !!!!

Back