• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Larry's Turbo

Hi

I have a 91 NSX and Larry just put a turbo in it and its the best thing that I have put in my car. I just want you all to know that he is the man when it comes to making the NSX fast as hell. He also did the NOS on my car so my car is really fast with the turbo and the NOS. I might take the NOS of cause the turbo is so fast that I don't think I will need itthe NOS that is. But once again LARRY kicks ass when it comes to getting your NSX to kick some ass.

MILT

Originally posted by VampNSX:
Hi

I have a 91 NSX and Larry just put a turbo in it and its the best thing that I have put in my car. I just want you all to know that he is the man when it comes to making the NSX fast as hell. He also did the NOS on my car so my car is really fast with the turbo and the NOS. I might take the NOS of cause the turbo is so fast that I don't think I will need itthe NOS that is. But once again LARRY kicks ass when it comes to getting your NSX to kick some ass.

MILT

This link be of some interest to others.
http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001572.html

Funny how this all runs in circles.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I would not by anything from LG if he was the last NSX vendor on the planet. I am in search of an OEM shifter knob and found one for $35. After I learned from the person (posted here on PRIME) who had it for sale, that the knob was actually coming from NSX Modified, I waved off the deal.

I really don't get it guys....help me out here..... Milton is simply sharing his impressions about Larry's turbo kit (as I have done it before in previous posts) and not about Larry's business ethics....give me a freaking break! The issue is between Larry and Jsecret, so for you guys who do not know Larry in person...don't try to rub it in. Thought Milton posted under "forced induction?"
JACK

look Larry is a good guy to me and I don't know what he did to make you all made but all I know is that he is cool with me and what he did to my car works and I am not the only one who thinks that. Plus I think we should all act like we are over 12 years old with this I hate him cause I hate him BS.

Look here, we are just posting our opinions about this person. If you don't like it then you aren't forced to read it or comment on it!!
As for your little comment about the age thing, I think you need to reconsider that statement. I for one have that age pretty much covered and just because we are letting others know about somebody that seems to giving fellow owners a hard time is in NO way childish. I for one appreciate the fact that others whom I have never met care enough for me to look out for my best interest. I do the same whenever I get the chance.
Be happy that you got the turbo and everything that you wanted. That is good for you, but not everyone has had the good experience that you have. Then again they may not have been lining his pockets with money the way you have either.
Judging by the number of posts that you have, you don't really have a true grasp of what is fuuly going on with the board and all of its members.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Look first of all I don't have lots of money so I did not fill him with money. If any thing he was cool enough that he tried to give me the best deal he could. Look to me he has bin cool so that's all I can say. Plus he has lots of costumers who like him and are happy with him so he must be doing something right or e would be out of business. So just kick back and relax please cause I am happy and young to deal with haters like you man so you could be a friend or just a hater you chose.

Isn't a "hater" someone who downs another out of jealousy? I dont think 92NSX is being jealous or hating. We've all got the same car with different mods for different taste but I dont think any of us needs jealous of another. You are satisfied with Larry as are others, but I am glad that JSecrest posted what he did b/c I was looking into replacing my nitrous set up with Larrys turbo. It seemed like it was a nice unit and yours obviously suits you well, but for me I think I'll go somewhere else. Good Luck with your turbo, go run it at the track and let us know how it performs as I am still interested in that.

Originally posted by VampNSX:
Plus I think we should all act like we are over 12 years old with this I hate him cause I hate him BS.

Duuuuude, just relax. The concept of a forum is that people exchange opinions and ideas. Its all good.

Besides, joining a forum and calling us "12 year olds" in your seventh post is, well, kind of juvenile. Don't be such a hater.

; )

[This message has been edited by David (edited 07 January 2003).]

Originally posted by jackmac:
The issue is between Larry and Jsecret, so for you guys who do not know Larry in person...don't try to rub it in. Thought Milton posted under "forced induction?"
JACK

I disagree with you. The issue involves all of us NSX'ers who may possibly do business with this guy. I have heard enough, even though its one sided, to judge for myself that this was a crooked deal and I wouldn't go near this guy. btw.. has anyone done a BBB check on Larry? I wonder how his rating is.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Not to be an ass, but it's a little suspicious when a thread goes up that is *very* damaging to a vendor and then, right around the same time (a little earlier actually), someone seemingly registers for the sole purpose of defending that vendor.

I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but it wouldn't be the first time I'd seen it. The timing may just be enormously coincidental, but it would lend credibility if the majority of those 7 posts weren't on this thread.

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 07 January 2003).]

PPl,
What all I am trying to say is that if you have opinions about a vendor, post your thoughts and feelings under the appropriate section. Milton was simply excited over his new turbo setup, as I have had similar expereinces before (so I know what he is going through!!). Think he just wanted to share his impressions with us...What is there to be suspicous about?!?
JACK

OK first of all I am not calling all the NSX owners 12 year olds OK. I am just saying some of them act like they are. If you that act that way were not then I would have never say that.

Jack I guess you went trough the same crap. I don't get it what up with this? All the NSX owners that I meet in person are really nice and I get along with them but I guess I just meet the once that like the NSX not politics cause that's what this sounds like to me. They should call this NSX POLITICS FORUMS cause that's all it feels like to me.

I am not putting mud on no one but look like they want to put mud on me so what would you do? I just have to do what I have to do just like any one who just wanted to tell about his turbo and then they just talk crap about it and the guy who did it. Its my car and they don't know me so why just talk crap to me.

Please don't denigrate my favorite forum with these philosophical discussions; take them to the vendor support or prime discussion forums - lets keep this one purely on the technical aspects of FI - pretty please????

I dont think VampNSX registered just to protect NSXModified at ALL. I have know him personally before his Turbo setup and before his Nitrous setup which was all done there.

He has been a consistent customer and now has a good setup that he is proud of thats all just like I am.

Even though my car has been in two major magazines and those who have seen it, know the work behind it, was all done at NSX Modified, that would suck if I just one day wanted to post my gratitude towards a particular vendor then get flamed on it...

thanks 5inchfatlip

This is lame you know me and I don't really have nothing against no one but it look like if you get your work done by one person and some one does not like him you get all this bad attitude against you.

VampNSX-

As an observer, it is fair to say there was not any "attitude" thrown your way until after the statement calling folks on here 12 year olds.

I can understand a tendancy to defend your buying decision with Larry, as this is quite natural. However, the critcism of NSX Modified should not be confused for criticism of you. Be happy with a great setup and drive on.

I am happy and that's why I wanted to post it but then they put all this stuff about a rip of that has nothing to do with me and the some one says that they would never deal with Larry as you see I did not start it I just did not like what they put up cause it has nothing to do with my car or me. That's why I put the 12 year old thing up. This is suppose to be about NSX cars. Some people make it sound like Larry just rips off people left and right, if he did then why dint he rip me off.

Back