• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Left Side Speakers Not Working

I think the sound system in the NSX sounds pretty good, only thing is that on mine, the entire left side of the car is not working. Also, the little speaker in the middle of the two seats are not working as well. The right side sounds fine though. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it? Thanks. :confused:

TruongTran said:
I think the sound system in the NSX sounds pretty good, only thing is that on mine, the entire left side of the car is not working.
Wow - just think how good it must sound with both sides working!
pain.gif

TruongTran said:
Also, the little speaker in the middle of the two seats are not working as well. The right side sounds fine though. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it? Thanks. :confused:
It's difficult to detect any sound from that speaker at the best of times - that speaker is driven by the amp in the passenger footwell and if it's blown, then it typically is accompanied by :wailing" or "popping" noises (but not always)
The problem with your left side is the amp is definitely blown - you need to have it repaired. Contact briank on this forum who provides this service. Get all three done as the others are probably not far behind.

Respectfully, do a little research before you ask the question - realize you're a recent member to the community but this is THE most common failure on early NSX without doubt & widely reported on this site - it is in the FAQ and discussed throughout the forums with monotonous regularity.

Sorry for the post... I didn't know that it's a big issue with lots of other NSXs. I'll be sure to do a search next time.

The research advice was meant with good intent - on some of the other forum categories, you wouldn't get an answer, just a chastisement from the Forums Nazi (or wannabe's) to use the search tool.
You obviously couldn't be expected to know the failure or you wouldn't have asked the question.
Seriously, there is a ton of info on here and its almost more rewarding to use the search tool to get all the previous info on a problem. Use speaker fail in your search string & see just see what you get. You could also try Bose Repair & see what that brings you.
Good luck with your problem - it's not a tough fix. Again, your search will turn up references to briank - good trusted source to address repair for you.

D'Ecosse said:
The research advice was meant with good intent - on some of the other forum categories, you wouldn't get an answer, just a chastisement from the Forums Nazi (or wannabe's) to use the search tool.
You obviously couldn't be expected to know the failure or you wouldn't have asked the question.
Seriously, there is a ton of info on here and its almost more rewarding to use the search tool to get all the previous info on a problem. Use speaker fail in your search string & see just see what you get. You could also try Bose Repair & see what that brings you.
Good luck with your problem - it's not a tough fix. Again, your search will turn up references to briank - good trusted source to address repair for you.

That Forum Nazi thing is just obnoxious. Thanks for the polite redirect to search :)

Back