• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lets see those Aftermarket Seats!

Fyi, my Recaro's definitely are dragging along the floor carpet. I went to great lengthes to get them as low as possible. They are sitting on the lowest mount in back and 2nd lowest in front. I am 6'0" 170lb. and these seats fit me like a glove. If your waste is beyond 33", you may have problem.

1k2go You should have room to spare with that set up?
Yep, I really love these seats. my helmet does not touch (coupe). I drove a friends NSX with stock seats and the first thing I noticed was that I was much higher in the car and by comparison, had very little lateral support. When you are 'in' these seats, you feel like you are wearing the car instead of sitting on it.

DSC00218-3.jpg

What kind of seats do you have in mind for the group buy?

Something that fits well in the NSX. That is part of a package with a proper bracket that allows it to go low as possible, with a mounting system that is as a MINIMUM as strong as the OEM rail. Something that can fit people larger than what the Pole Position does for example, something that is light in weight. Something that has a proper provision for the OEM belts. Something strong and FIA approved, something that offers good crash protection.

I have realized the seat and rail need to be a "system" instead of two seperate generid pieces. I am talking to various seat manufacturers to come out with something NSX specific. I would also like the option of an attachable head protection system that can be removed for street use. I got this idea from Dimer's thread, where he has a seat that actually does this.

I also want a quality finish, Alcantara and leather mix, maybe cross quilt or something, but something that is nicely finished. I am not into the cheap fabric used on most aftermarket seats.

I know this is a tall order, but I am looking for a seat that exceeds the quality of everything else offered. How much I will have to compromise we will see, but I am going to press forward to see what can be done. I have even spoken to a manufacturer about a "quick disconnect" type of lightweight rail. This allows quick change or removal of any seat.

So I have looked at Recaro, Sparco, Downforce, Bride, Status, and a few others. I am at the "research" stage right now.

I am sure with all my requirements the seat will be expensive, but I want a quality and unique seat that we can do a big group buy on and get a a drastically reduced price.

Not an aftermarket part, but some aftermarket flare:

2010-08-25_1998AcuraNSX_1_XS_0244.jpg

DSC_0282_zpsfacc1ad6.jpg

MBP_7313_zps4e4fba79.jpg

I like your requirements. Really looking forward to what you will come up with. Definitely interested.

I am sure with all my requirements the seat will be expensive, but I want a quality and unique seat that we can do a big group buy on and get a a drastically reduced price.

Last edited:
I think Corbeau are a no no for the track. If I remember they do not have FIA cert etc
Not sure if that matters to you just thought I would let you know

Corbeau does make FIA cert seats. They've gotten better over the years but mostly you see their seats in cars like the del sol here:

<iframe width="560" height ="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8BSKcs5PXzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not really AfterMarket persay but I got me myself another set of Black DC5r Recaro seats for my NSX. Was on the hunt for only the driver side since I already had the passenger side from
My last RSX build but I gave up and ended up copping a mint pair :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364747182.858748.jpg

Back