• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lightweight Hood / Engine Cover Stays (Prop Rods)

Lightweight Hood / Engine Cover Stays (Prop Rods)

Whether you are looking for a little extra “Bling” for the next meet/show or you have your car on the “N”enny craig diet to loose as much weight as possible, these are a perfect addition to your beautiful NSX.

Made from Lightweight 6061-T6 Aluminum

Clear Satin Anodized for a Bright Aluminum finish

Grip is the Highest Quality Weather Resistant EPDM foam rubber

Rod ends are molded from OEM

Highest Quality bends

Fixed the "lazy lean to the left" of the OEM rod when viewed from the front

Includes New OEM mounting grommet

The hood stay includes 1-EPDM grip and one adhesive backed piece of EPDM foam for the top of the relay box. It’s optionally available with 2- grips just like the OEM.

WEIGHTS

OEM 1991-2005 hood stay = 13.65oz
OEM Targa 1995-2005 engine cover stay = 7.65oz

------------------------------------------------------------------

SBD 1991-2005 Aluminum hood stay = 4.75oz
SBD 1995-2005 Targa Aluminum engine cover stay = 2.80oz

These are very limited supply. It’s taken two years to be able to offer these in a quality I am satisfied with.

$100.00 each + S & H

+$5.00 for extra EDPM grip (Hood stay)

Will ship approximately 3 days after order

There are also a few seconds available at a reduced cost, which have slight imperfections from the anodizing process. This is only noticeable under close inspection. Please send email for more information on the seconds to ([email protected]). This is not Paypal address.

Thanks for looking

Mike

d88c1aaf.jpg

36ea5b3d.jpg

0297f0de.jpg

c4ee48a9.jpg

40fe0559.jpg

Last edited:
I have added more pictures per email requests.

To answer a couple of questions.

The rods are already made and anodized but i can't install the grips or rod ends until they are ordered. This is because they are available with 1 or 2 grips and this is the reason for the 3 day delay in shipping.

The seconds were identical to the others when they went to the anodizer. The detailed pictures of the completed rods are the seconds as these are the ones i will be using on my car.

If you have any more questions please ask.

Thanks

Last edited:
Both of these are still available but there are only a few engine cover stays remaining.

Mike

Hi.

I'd like to purchase both prop rods. Can you contact me with payment details?
My email is wcox6000@ charter.net and phone is (509) 961-6000.

Thanks

Bill

Back