• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Look what Santa dropped off for me earlier today . . .

Very cool, a nice touch by Acura....JM2C...I could be wrong..:tongue:

Congratulations

Every owner should receive theirs about a month after the car is delivered

The funny trivia item is that if you look inside the model, the start button is on the right side (appears that the model was based on the RHD version)

Congrats OP!!

Congratulations

Every owner should receive theirs about a month after the car is delivered

The funny trivia item is that if you look inside the model, the start button is on the right side (appears that the model was based on the RHD version)

Does the replica match your car to the options?? If so, that would be awesome. Mine was an exposure so I wonder if the dealership has the replica.

Yes, the idea is the model mimics the build

For every car ordered, the matching model is made

I don't think having an exposure car would impact you receiving the model

Woo Hooo...... I want one......!! Actually I read something online about this after I bought my car and asked the dealer and he didn't know anything about it. Be interesting to see what happens.
I wonder what triggers the order to be placed? Does it have any reference to your chassis #?? And after you've bought an NSX, every day is Christmas!!!
Happy Holidays to you all.......

Last edited:
A nice touch from Acura as silly as it is, although when Acura thought they were going to sell cars for $200k, they probably felt like they could afford to throw it in!
I'm sure our wives will roll their eyes at us when we beam over our little toy car. Case is a nice touch..... OK, so metal or resin? Scale/Size.....? I can't wait for Christmas morning....

Mr. B & B, thanks for that..... very interesting. For me, it really drives home the point how much Acura put into this project. Even if the car wasn't as well received as perhaps they had hoped, I've felt that they put their heart and soul into it, and I for one, appreciate that. I can feel it when I look at and drive the car...... It's interesting that I have talked to at least one tech who was chosen to go to the NSX School, where they learn about the car and most importantly they got to drive it on the track. A great idea for the mechanics to understand what it is they are working on, how great the car is, and to come home excited to work on one....... It's not just another car...... Anyway, thanks for posting that. Very insightful.....

Lamborghini does the exact same thing; sends you an exact model of your ordered car.
Everyone is copying this.

That's great! Thanks for the confirmation...Still waiting on mine as I approach 1 month ownership.

They have been taking about 6 weeks as of late, however one of my clients was unfortunate enough to receive his with one of the mirrors broken off! If you do receive it in a damaged condition your dealership can give you the address to mail it back to them and they will replace it. We were quoted 8-10 weeks for a replacement to show up.

Oddly enough I am excited to get the model... Although not as excited as I will be to receive my actual car.

I took delivery in November and still no model

My Wife and I took delivery 10/27/17 and by end of November we received our model...hmmm :cool:

I took delivery in November and still no model

Was it purchased from a dealer? If so have them reach out to their zone manager and see if they can figure out if one ever got sent out and if not for some reason, they should be able to get in touch with those who can make sure to get one to you. If you don't have any luck with that let me know and I can reach out to the guy that has handled the issues we had when our client received his model with a mirror broken off and we had to get a new one shipped to him. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

From my reading here sounds like you need to be more proactive about this memento...I'm sure some dealers kids/grand-kids are playing with them....:rolleyes:

The dealers actually never see the models. Once we have appropriately marked the car as sold Acura gets a notice and your model gets sent out from them. Your best bet is talking to your dealer and they will pass it up the chain they get in touch with someone who actually is able to correct any mistakes.

Back