• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Looking for experienced BBSCers in the Atlanta Area

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is anyone local to the Atlanta area with experience running the BBSC kit that could give me thier opionion of how my car runs.

I myself have as of yet been unable to get 0-60 or 1/4 times that are more than marginally better than stock. It could be that I just dont drive the car that well, but from other peoples posts I suspect its more than driver error.

If there is anyone in the Atlanta area that would be gracious enough to meet up with me I would much appreciate it.

Thanks

does it feel faster? I've never gotten a 1/4 mi run out of my car, but at only 7 psi it is definitely pulling hard..

Like making love to a beautiful woman, it's never as good as the second time. Same with a supercharger, after you drive it a while, you become used to the extra power. I had the chance to drive mine for a week with the BBSC supercharger disconnected while Mark replaced the pulley. That's when you can tell the difference. If you are so inclined, take off the supercharger belt and put on the stock belt then take it for a spin. I'm sure you will notice the difference. A couple of other points to consider. One the BBSC performs best on a road coarse. That is where you can keep it in the power band between 5 and 8k. Second, be sure your belt is in good shape and properly adjusted. If the slightest amount of slip is present, you will loose psi. Finally, from what I've read, the Comptech unit may be better suited for 0-60 times.

Chuck said:
Finally, from what I've read, the Comptech unit may be better suited for 0-60 times.

I am not so sure about that. I think the comptech would be faster 0-45MPH (end of first gear), but after that, I think the BBSC would pull ahead because from that point on it is constantly in its power band. Anyway, I think it would be pretty close.

peiserg said:
does it feel faster? I've never gotten a 1/4 mi run out of my car, but at only 7 psi it is definitely pulling hard..

Remember though, his 1/4 was 14.1 @ 98MPH. That is far off a stock 91 NSX, let alone one with 6-8lbs of boost.

Coldhammer, we've exchanged emails. Let's hook up in the next week or so...
I reviewed your dyno plots, which look pretty solid. Assuming all other systems are nominal, you should be able to improve that performance.

James,

Glad to hear you and Mark will hook up. I look forward to hearing what exactly is going on there.

You didn't mention if your car is a 97+ / OBD2 car. If so, let myself (or Mark) know, and I can add some additional input.

Back