• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for Jay Levine

I know Jay and his car. I also looked at buying it a few years ago, in fact we talked about my buying him out of his lease before it ended and I also investigated it when it was at a dealer several months after his lease ended until I got the VIN and verified that it was Jay's old car car which I had already looked at.

The car was Jay's daily driver for the entire lease period. It was properly maintained. It was not a "showroom" car in that it displayed the standard wear and tear you'd expect on a daily driver in the northeast, but nothing excessive. It was in good shape overall.

The only "notable" event for the car is that he hit a deer at one point and did a decent amount of damage to the front end. There were some paint problems with the repaired and re-painted area, but he had that re-done.

The car floated around a number of dealers for well over a year after it came off lease and went through auction.

Chris Anders in Washington state eventually bought it, heavily modified it, and is subsequently returning it to mostly stock and (I assume from your message) selling it.

Chris has owned a number of NSXs which he has modified, and I would be confident that he did everything "right" both in modifying and unmodifying it (in other words, he didn't cut corners, put bad parts back in, or anything shady like that.)

The only reason I didn't buy Jay's car was simply that I decided I wanted a very low mile car that had not been a daily driver.

Thanks for the quick response. Chris is a personal friend of mine and I have spent time driving around with him in two of his three nsx's as well as his Supra. We worked together a few years ago in Dallas.

The nsx community must be a small world if you guessed the car from my quick request for contact info :)

I too am strugling with the decision to look for a low miles garage queen vs. a higher milage daily driver, but I'm interested in a '97 T, really love the Monte Carlo Blue, and plan to use it as a daily driver myself.

Any additional insight on your car search and decision process would be greatly appreciated.

If this is to be your daily driver, I think it would make an excellent car. I don't see any point in paying a premium for a low-mile garage queen if you are going to turn it into a daily driver. I expect the price would be very good since I know Jay's end-of-lease buyout was quite attractive.

The only other insight I have from my search is that there are a LOT of wrecked and rebuilt NSX-Ts out there being sold without disclosure of their history, so be careful. I investigated three other monte carlo blue NSX-Ts before buying mine. Due diligence on my part turned up the fact that each of them had been in an accident.

Back