• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for Monte/tan NSX-T..no such luck!

Ive absolutely fallen in love with this color combo yet, cannot find a used one to purchase. I have come across several blue/back but none with the elusive tan. Im looking for a 97-98 Targa and may have to score a white/tan one I found. I do love the white/tan look. It beckens back to the classic Honda Grand Prix cars...hence Grand Prix white. Anyone have a Monte/tan for sale?

I have come across several blue/back but none with the elusive tan.

That's odd, because there are more blue/tan cars than blue/black.

Ive also read that they made more of the tan , but I havent seen any. Ive only seen one and that was a new one back in 97. There is a blue/black on ebay. Maybe I will have to get a new one!
biggrin.gif

A couple months ago, Lexus of Bellevue had a practically new (7k miles or so) '97 blue/tan for sale. It still had that shinny oil-cover gleam in the engine bay. They had it on the showroom floor for about a month before it sold! To bad you missed it.

Maybe I will have to get a new one!
biggrin.gif

You can't. They don't make the Monte Carlo Blue any more. They replaced it for 2000 with Monaco Blue, which is sort of purple.

Funny, I'm also looking to get a Monte/Tan NSX-T, only not right now. I have a red/Tan which is classic, but the blue/tan is gorgeous IMHO

Marc

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

My father just picked up his '97-T Monte Carlo Blue/Tan in March. The color combination is awesome. Probably the best that Acura has to offer.

Dr. Lane
'94 Red/Tan
(now equipped with Hoosier slicks for the track)

I was wondering about the differences between the Monaco and Monte Carlo blues. Ive just seen pictures of the new Monaco but you cant tell a damn thing from just pictures. I would prefer the Monte Carlo but I am liking this white/tan one I found. Im confused!

I was wondering about the differences between the Monaco and Monte Carlo blues.

The Monte Carlo Blue is a deep, rich blue, a "true" blue, if you will. It's fairly dark, but it's not as dark as a navy blue, and would never be confused for black.

The Monaco Blue is a blue-purple and I believe is somewhat lighter than the Monte Carlo Blue, more of a medium blue-purple.

These are two very different colors. Of all the NSX colors, I think the Monte Carlo Blue looks the best, and the Monaco Blue looks the worst. Obviously this is a matter of personal preference, but that should give you an idea of how very different these colors look.

I would also love to find a 95 Midnight Blue, that dark blue with tan. I really want a 97+ with 6 speed, 3.2 , but for that color a 3.0 will do!

Midnight Pearl, which was offered in '95 and '96, is a different color entirely. It is not blue at all. It is a very dark purple.

i wonder if you canfind a dark blue coupe from 97-99?

There's only one. The owner is on the NSX e-mail list.

I agree... the 97-99 Monte Carlo Blue is my favorite color. I also agree with Nsxtasy that the 2000 Monaco Blue is not nearly as good a color as Monte Carlo Blue. I'd been looking for a 97 blue for about 3 months and finally found one about a month ago. I drove down to Omaha, NE and was able to get it for 57k with 23000 miles- which I thought was a pretty good buy (it was perfect except for a couple minor paint chips/scratches). They definately don't come on the market very often as there were only 31 made in 1997.
BTW, I traded in a 93 coupe that I'd had for 4 summers. If any of you are looking for a targa, be prepared, the handling is not nearly as good as of course the chassis can never be as stiff as the coupe. However, if you never owned a coupe you'd think its the greatest handling car ever.

Back