• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for the cheapest NSX that was not in accident!

Hey everyone, I am looking for an NSX for real cheap, as long as it was never in an accident!

The reason being is I will bring it up to Canada, and play with it (rebuild it). So a high mileage would do , looking for something around 18-20 grand. Doesnt matter if it needs alot of TLC because I would pretty much re-do everything on it, try new stuff, work on some projects.

If anyone sees anything please let me know!

Not to rain on your project but the cost in parts alone to "redo everything" will literally buckle your knees.:wink:

I understand the cost, I just want a fixer upper, so I can toy with it slowly during these cold canadian winters!

Plus I would be putting in new engine (SOS engine build and some fun stuff like that, I would not be rebuilding it to stock version.

You may find buying a rough example in order to save $5000 more expensive than just getting a decent NSX and then modding it. Besides, if you're looking at all the mods your talking about, you're easily spending well over $10k on aftermarket goodies. Don't cheap out on the foundation for your whole project.

This is a mistake of immense proportions. Cheep is not savings by any means. Buy a car with the complete service history or you will pay in the end. The previous owner of my car had spent at least $6-7k the 4 years leading up to the purchase of my car on maintenance. CCU, ball joints (x2), evaporator, valve adjustment, WP/Timming belt, main relay, window regulators, coil packs, plugs, speaker amps, new tires/breaks, snap ring, every oil change and service. No accidents is important, but even high milage cars (100k) will run you $25k if well taken care of.

Hey everyone, I am looking for an NSX for real cheap, as long as it was never in an accident!

The reason being is I will bring it up to Canada, and play with it (rebuild it). So a high mileage would do , looking for something around 18-20 grand. Doesnt matter if it needs alot of TLC because I would pretty much re-do everything on it, try new stuff, work on some projects.

If anyone sees anything please let me know!

Big mistake. You'll spend $18,000 just on the engine rebuild, shocks, and clutch.
Best idea is to save up $30,000 or so and buy the nicest 1991/1992 NSX you can find.

Finding a fixer NSX for that low would be extremely difficult. I bought mine at $22.5k at 107,000 miles from a private seller who was motivated. I knew before hand that a car with that kind of mileage would require a ton of work, regardless of the Honda quality. High mileage NSX's look great on the outside, but when you crawl underneath or start taking parts off and look more closely, you see the wear and tear show up. Just be aware, when you start upgrading to better parts you will discover other things that need to get replaced and your budget will quickly grow.

In any event, buying from a private seller for a project car may be a better choice, since used car dealers tend to ask for $28k to $30k for NSX's with over 150,000 miles. I looked at several 91 NSX's at used car dealers and all of them looked nasty once the engine cover was lifted.

A private seller, typically takes better care of a car like the NSX and they may be willing to lower the price based on the motivation. I also notice, private sellers typically have less miles on their cars. However, a private seller would probably not lower the price below $20k regardless of what the kelly blue book says.

why i'm not able to view autotrader.com website? any idea?
i'm not from US!

...and look and see if the pink slip doesn't say SALVAGE on it.

Back