• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looks almost too good to be true...

1993 Acura NSX - $2870 (salem )

<HR>Date: 2012-06-08, 9:37PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

Auto Unlimited Inc is proud to offer an extremely rare Acura NSX with 83,000 original miles.

<!-- -->
5Lf5Id5K23M83F23Hbc68361b6b36d50d1525.jpg

<!-- START CLTAGS -->
  • <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=salem -->Location: salem
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
<!-- END CLTAGS -->
PostingID: 3066569830

<HR>

Man will the NSX ever be at a reasonable price to buy?

You can get two 911s for the same model year NSX

Too bad I still go bananas over every NSX I see on the road

Except then you would have a pair of 964's leaking on your driveway, instead of an NSX on the road.

:tongue:

Initial purchase price is an illusion of the cost.
Total cost of ownership is the only number that matters.

Do the math, research the probabilities, and the NSX is cheaper than the Porsche that costs 1/2 as much on day 1.

Last edited:
Initial purchase price is an illusion of the cost.
Total cost of ownership is the only number that matters.

Do the math, research the probabilities, and the NSX is cheaper than the Porsche that costs 1/2 as much on day 1.

Valid point

I guess I really should research the running cost and depreciation on both and see what's what.

On the other hand I would imagine the NSX would run higher on insurance due to the higher initial cost and then also wrecking it would be a bigger whole in one's pocket.

I was thinking of a used sports car in the range of 25,000$ which I can use as a joyride and wouldn't be at too much of a savings hit if I did crash it.

The NSX would be an amazing choice if it were in that range but on the other hand a very old NSX in the early 90s might be heavy on maintenance.

for 25K I would imagine I could get an early 90s NSX or a 2005 range Boxster (my preferred Porsche). While it's not hard to imagine that the NSX is the one that will hold its price between the two, maintenance is another story I would think.

I tend to drive my cars very hard. Redlining them often. I don't know how much a car from the early 90s can take such abuse.

I would assume a 21 year old NSX would be INFINITELY more reliable than any Porsche, even a 2012 model.
But either could give you a $15,000 surprise, you just never know. It's about playing the odds.
From what I've seen, porsche engine explosions are kind of normal, but each model and year are different.
I was looking at 911's a few years ago, and I was amazed to see how many have engine replacements under 100,000 miles.

Last edited:
According to Source 1, 2 NSX recently went for under 3K, 1 in MI sans engine and trans, under 10K total after they installed engine and trans and a second car in Cincy which had been vandalized, possibly needs an engine but otherwise, just some glass and trim.

Back