• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lotus Evora - The NSX's Successor?

Not sure if anyone else noticed that the new Lotus has some strikingly familiar statistics and specifications. It would not surprise me if they used the NSX as the benchmark for this car. Check the info below. I did not include the NSX info. Figured everyone already knows it!

2009 Lotus Evora:

Layout: Transversely mounted, mid-engine, aluminum VVti V-6

Chassis/Body: Aluminum

Dimensions: L 170.9in x W 72.8in x H 48.1 in

Weight: 2973 Lbs.

HP:276 Torque:253

0-60: 4.9 sec

1/4 mile: ??

Top speed: 162 mph

Trunk can fit a set of golf clubs as well.

Yes it is British, but it has a Japanese engine. It can also come as a 2+2 seater.

I thought the similarities were worth posting.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else noticed that the new Lotus has some strikingly familiar statistics and specifications. It would not surprise me if they used the NSX as the benchmark for this car. Check the info below. I did not include the NSX info. Figured everyone already knows it!

2009 Lotus Evora:

Layout: Transversely mounted, mid-engine, aluminum VVti V-6

Chassis/Body: Aluminum

Dimensions: L 170.9in x W 72.8in x H 48.1 in

HP:276 Torque:253

0-60: 4.9 sec

1/4 mile: ??

Top speed: 162 mph

Trunk can fit a set of golf clubs as well.

Yes it is British, but it has a Japanese engine. It can also come as a 2+2 seater.

I thought the similarities were worth posting.
Your are correct it is a nsx clone, Ray Charles could see this one,now lets see what the auto publications say !!!!!

Auto pubs LOVE this car. I've read about 20 reviews since the car was given to journalists in July.

In fact Driver's Republic actually says the motor reminds them of the "Honda NSX"

Consistent issues: it's about $10K too expensive, and light in the HP category. Though the handling is supposedly unsurpassed by almost any production road car today.

First customers take shipment in Hethel tomorrow, we get them stateside in January 2010. Supercharged version is rumored for 2012. Should bring the HP well over 300. That's the one I'm saving my pennies for...

That is unless I shell out for a used 360 Modena or an old Diablo SV....:cool:

Last edited:
apples and orages,

just because a few numbers and parts match roughly doens't mean they are anywhere close

extreme disimilarities:

1- NSX was always criticized for dead steering feel, whereas Evora has possibly the best steering feel of current production cars. No comparison at all.

2-NSX has an engine praised by the industry for so long as being among the best there has ever been. Evora has an engine strait out of a Camry. Comparing them is an insult to the NSX.

3-NSX is pretty much as reliable as it gets in Super cars. Evora is just another LOTUS (Lots Of Problems Usually Serious)

4-The NSX was built ground up by a huge motor company to be the greatest sports car in the world. The Evora was build with in a barn yard by people who are struggling to stay financially afloat with all the bits and scraps they could find including the gearbox from a Toyota Diesel.

5- As much as the NSX is a magnificent handler, you really can't compare it with something out of Lotus. Just ask Elise owners how big a difference it is. If Lotus builds a Chassis, it makes Porsches cry and Ferrari Sleepless. Lotus Pretty much doesn't have a competitor when it comes to handling and feel. Maybe Ferrari, but on a whole different price range.

I really can't see any resemblance of the NSX with the Evora at all. Two very dissimilar cars. Right now there really isn't a comparable car to the Evora, unless Ferrari Decided to produce a cut price model.

And as for the NSX, it terms of spiritual successor on the same theme and objectives, it's much more closer to the Audi R8 that it is to the Evora.

So there you have it, if you're looking for the NSX replacement that Honda miserably failed to build, go for the Audi R8. It's as close as you'll ever get to the second generation NSX.

I think the R8 is the NSX Successor, the Evora is more like a 4-seat copy of the NSX.

That being said, if Honda had come out with the EVORA I think a lot of people here would be loving the car.

Last edited:
If I can extrapolate from my Elise experience, I'd predict the biggest problem for Evora owners will be the fragile body work and sub-par fit and finish. While the Elise/Exige handle brillilantly, I've personally witnessed 3 rear toe-link failures in these cars at the track. Is the motor not a SOHC Camry motor w/ different intake and ECU? A far cry from the C32b. Lotus will undoubtedly improve on power and handling w/ serial superchargers and chassis tweaks in the coming years, wait for the Type S if you're serious about getting one...

i find it interesting how the press loves the evora yet they branded nsx 'underpowered' etc. for years while the sheet specs are almost identical.

i find it interesting how the press loves the evora yet they branded nsx 'underpowered' etc. for years while the sheet specs are almost identical.

It makes me laugh how the magazines talk about the great motor in it when it is a FREAKING Camry. I can't recall them ever praising the great motor when it was tested in a Camry.

the right magazines never bashed the NSX. Come to think of it, almost no serious car magazine ever did.

The NSX back in its time was a very glorious machine. Even more so glorified than the Evora today will ever be.

The only people who talk about the NSX being underpowered are the people who can't get their heads beyond number figures. Same people will bash the F360 for low torque, and will choose a Hyundai Coupe over a Porsche Boxter just for the same reason. They really shouldn't be taken seriously.

the right magazines never bashed the NSX. Come to think of it, almost no serious car magazine ever did.

The NSX back in its time was a very glorious machine. Even more so glorified than the Evora today will ever be.

The only people who talk about the NSX being underpowered are the people who can't get their heads beyond number figures. Same people will bash the F360 for low torque, and will choose a Hyundai Coupe over a Porsche Boxter just for the same reason. They really shouldn't be taken seriously.

Car and Driver called the car underpowered even back in 1995. That doesn't mean they didn't love it. It is a wonderful car, but it is underpowered especially for the 2002 upgraded edition. That could car should have come with CTSC standard for the last 5 years of its life. That would have been interesting for the comparisons.

After a few comparison tests, the Evora will be called underpowered as well.... why? because it is.

Last edited:
Back