• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lovefab turbo/SOS engine 3.0L 557rwhp/480rwtq

Would you want anymore than that though? How's everything else holding up?

I'm planing on building my motor to handle more but i will run about the same as you purely for a reliability point of view. I can't afford to build it a second time and to replace other parts on a regular basis.

Allot of the guys with the big power builds get their cars de tuned.

Honestly it's more of a "I just want more because I'm bored kind of thing". I'll never use the power or my cars full potential and I'll be the first to acknowledge that. My builds been holding up fine. I burn some oil sometimes but that's normal since I have a loose second ring gap. I just keep an eye on things and go through roughly 1/2-1 quart for every 3k miles. It depends on my driving though.

But yeah I know a few guys that normally run around the mid to low 500s and that's being detuned from higher numbers. I guess I just need my car back and stop reading dyno sheets, haha

Honestly it's more of a "I just want more because I'm bored kind of thing". I'll never use the power or my cars full potential and I'll be the first to acknowledge that. My builds been holding up fine. I burn some oil sometimes but that's normal since I have a loose second ring gap. I just keep an eye on things and go through roughly 1/2-1 quart for every 3k miles. It depends on my driving though.

But yeah I know a few guys that normally run around the mid to low 500s and that's being detuned from higher numbers. I guess I just need my car back and stop reading dyno sheets, haha

Yeah I know what you mean, I know my cards were dealt with the low oil pressure but regardless of being forced to build the motor no doubt at some point i would had for more boost.

I'll probably sit between the two at 530whp to play it safe, i have a Aem dash pot switch with 12 boost settings so the reality of it is i'll hardly ever need to be on the highest setting but there if i need it. I was tempted to say with 12 settings push it to 600whp but with it being there i might have too much temptation to use it.

Interesting to know your gearbox and everything is holding up at that power level.

Where is your car currently?

99% of the time I run the car on low boost (16psi and about 480rwhp) instead of (20+psi and 557rwhp.) I did the same with my previous build. For me low boost is plenty but the high boost is there is I ever need to make a statement with a Z06 or Hellcat.

Yeah I know what you mean, I know my cards were dealt with the low oil pressure but regardless of being forced to build the motor no doubt at some point i would had for more boost.

I'll probably sit between the two at 530whp to play it safe, i have a Aem dash pot switch with 12 boost settings so the reality of it is i'll hardly ever need to be on the highest setting but there if i need it. I was tempted to say with 12 settings push it to 600whp but with it being there i might have too much temptation to use it.

Interesting to know your gearbox and everything is holding up at that power level.

Where is your car currently?

My gearbox I believe is fine. I don't launch hardly ever but I'm pretty hard on things once I get going. My tires are direzza z2's atm and will probably stick with something similar in the future down the road. I try not to launch or race from digs though considering the fact that's when I think most things break or so I'm told.

My cars at Justin's shop at Dms performance in PA. About 1200 miles away from where I am now, haha.

99% of the time I run the car on low boost (16psi and about 480rwhp) instead of (20+psi and 557rwhp.) I did the same with my previous build. For me low boost is plenty but the high boost is there is I ever need to make a statement with a Z06 or Hellcat.

That's another thought I had was run two tunes like that as well. Yeah it would be an interesting match up with a hellcat. I'm out of the loop of how quick those things are but stumbled across a video the other night with one racing a hurrican.

Exactly that, I'm a member of a club and it's mostly exotic Italian and German cars. I fairly often get the chance of having a play with something a little bit special. It just that temptation aspect

- - - Updated - - -

My gearbox I believe is fine. I don't launch hardly ever but I'm pretty hard on things once I get going. My tires are direzza z2's atm and will probably stick with something similar in the future down the road. I try not to launch or race from digs though considering the fact that's when I think most things break or so I'm told.

My cars at Justin's shop at Dms performance in PA. About 1200 miles away from where I am now, haha.

That's another thought I had was run two tunes like that as well. Yeah it would be an interesting match up with a hellcat. I'm out of the loop of how quick those things are but stumbled across a video the other night with one racing a hurrican.

I have the same tires on a 285. I'm pretty sure Cody programmed low boost in first gear which would really help me to not break anything.

"Try not to" :tongue: I try not to but sometimes i'm not trying hard enough haha.

Wow! that's a distance.

Would you want anymore than that though?.

Uh....yeah. 500 rwhp is quick... But you dont really say what the actual fuck?! Until around 600 rwhp. At 675...ha, well... Ive yet to have a 600, 750 or 900 cc bike pull me... And evem some of the 1000 bikes heehee

Uh....yeah. 500 rwhp is quick... But you dont really say what the actual fuck?! Until around 600 rwhp. At 675...ha, well... Ive yet to have a 600, 750 or 900 cc bike pull me... And evem some of the 1000 bikes heehee

My 450rwhp feels good. But it's still not at the OMFG BBQ!??!?! rwhp levels. What tires are you running and how is ur drivetrain handling the power?

This is my problem, I'm easily led astray.

Reading something like this makes me day dream and tempts me to take it to the next level.

The funny thing is, my brother has a single turbo rx7. I've kinda told him it's going in for repair but forgot to mention anything else haha. He's just had the single conversion done and not been able to run since. his gf is going to kill me when he books it back in for more boost haha

Back