• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low boost ctsc Vs Mercedes S63 AMG

Hello primers,
I thought I would share this as I found it quite comical during my drive to driving ambition on Wednesday this week. So here goes.

Here I am driving my low boost ctsc'd nsx to Shad's on Wednesday. Ahead on the highway was a Mercedes Benz which I had never laid eyes on before. The rear window was gawdie as if it were a 80's toronado. It was weaving in and out of traffic. I eventually pulled behind it and then right beside it. It was a 2015 S63 AMG which was new to me. We rode side by side for a few seconds, checking out each other's cars. Then, the uber driver as I assume floors it and the car makes a noise like a craftsman ride along mower. I drop it into second and ride his tail. That is until, there is traffic ahead and he actually has to turn his German warship.
To make a long story short here guys, his 2015 car with a V8 and twin turbo met quite a match with a 340 wheel horsepower 1991 nsx. The Mercedes followed me the rest of the way to Rancho Cordova.
Proof that a 12,000 dollar upgrade is well worth it. I wish I could have took video but speeds reached excess of 140 mph with the 600 hp Mercedes always in the rear view.
It wasn't until I reached driving ambition later on that I researched the car and realized how much power it freaking had! If he had a clear path, I probably would have been toast. But he did not. The cruise boat eventually had to turn. That's where the nsx comes into play. Razor sharp precision at high speeds.
Moral of the story is, while 340 hp may seem minute, for our cars it is a beast all its own. I was also on the fence about spending this cash for my ctsc. But in the end I am so glad I did and even more happy we have a guy like Shad to support a dying breed of performance.
Events such as these make me feel like a kid again. But I do not recommend street racing. But there is always 1 knucklehead who reads brochures and has too much money.

For sure. :wink:
A new Maserati with 460 PS won't dust me, it's about the same acceleration level as a CTSC.
l

The Mercedes must have some serious turbo lag though. When I'd get an opening and dump it, the huge Mercedes emblem faded away rather quickly. I figured the car had 450/500 hp which would being that heavy keep up with a ctsc nsx. I had no idea it had 620!!! Seemed pretty damn slow for that much. Luxury equals weight though I guess.

I won't lie, the Mercedes from side profile was beautiful. From the rear though it looked like a Maybache. I know they are the same but it didn't fit well on a coupe. Dude gunned it pretty damn hard with a clear freeway ahead of us and I wasn't impressed much. I kind of toyed with him as I never dropped it into lower gear until he was a few car lengths ahead.
I do not go out looking for street racing. I was merely looking at his 180,000 dollar car and he wanted to play so...
Gave me a good kick in the pants though:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

This was the car. Same color combo too...
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 572
I gotta tell ya I'm shocked this thread has managed to stay open for so long...............nice kill BTW

l

The Mercedes must have some serious turbo lag though. When I'd get an opening and dump it, the huge Mercedes emblem faded away rather quickly. I figured the car had 450/500 hp which would being that heavy keep up with a ctsc nsx. I had no idea it had 620!!! Seemed pretty damn slow for that much. Luxury equals weight though I guess.

The S63 has 577 HP and the S65 has 621 HP.
The S63 seems to run low 12s 1/4 miles at 117-120mph. Low boast CTSCs seem to be mid 12s @ ~115mph. I would expect him to walk away if a straight opened up.

This tread shows 0-150 mph for a CTSC (claimed 460hp) as 28.8 seconds. The AMG S63 does it in 20.0 seconds.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/119608-Wiki-for-NSX-0-60-0-100-0-150MPH-times

Last edited:
lets not get all technical and stuff...a kill is still a kill.........................

lets not get all technical and stuff...a kill is still a kill.........................
Lol, thanks Doc. Just because a car is faster on paper doesn't necessarily mean the driver can adapt to a fierce Japanese icon with a brute American driver.:cool:

exactly.... most owners don't know that you can disable the rev limiter and produce another 800 rpm by pushing down on the gas pedal with over 500 lbs of force...

It's not how fast you can drive, it's how you can carve your own road!

Back